godofthunder

Hey, we dont happen to have a logo, do we? I was thinking about it todayat work. It would kick ass if we made like stickers or something for our cars?

Anyone intersted?

Jon

1996 Cutlass Supreme Series III

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ismellrealbad

• godofthunder

• NORBI

• Pabz

Guest Anonymous

I have thought about that also. How about anyone interested come up with some kind of idea for a logo and if there is enough interest I could check with the local vinyl shop for pricing on decals.

If you have an idea and are good with photoshop see what you can do to design something. If you suck at photoshop explain your idea and hopefully somebody on here will try to design it.

EDIT: I made this a sticky until I see how much interest there is. I'll give it a week.

Well...i do kinda suck at photoshop. While I know how to use the program...I am really bad at designing something when it comes to graphics.

Some ideas I had were....

1) To have all the cars. But thats way to many to list on one graphic

2) How bout each emblem...like the olds, chevy, buick, and pontiac logo

3) Somewhat personalized...like Cutlass stickers, GTP ones, Regal GS, etc.

4) The Dakota Mailing list (were on it caus of my GF's dak) has a mean looking ram logo...I was thinking something like that...but GM doesnt really have a logo like that....any ideaS?

5) I cant think right now...but is there something quick that differentiates our cars from all others. I know there are many...but any that would be noticably recognizable by the average joe

6) It should have the website addy. IT would suck if we made this...and then everyone went to like wbody.org or .net....

Jon

I have thought about this before too... right now I have a Cutty in the logo I made for the forums (which I eventually plan to incorporate into the main page), but I had thought before that it could be made more generic to cover all the cars. I was thinking instead of an actual car in the logo, it'd just have a silhouette of the profile.

Profile is a good idea. We really cant put a acutall picutre in. AS a mater of fact...the Cutlass Owners manual atleast has an outline of the cutlass. Since they are all arround the same curves...it may work

Jon

How about "w-body.com" then big enough so directly underneath it u show the four symbols, olds sillouhete or rectangle symbol, pontiac V, the chevy plus sign and whatever the hell the buick one is i forgot. There should be two sizes. A rather large one for a back window and a smaller one for a rear seat window. The larger one should be only white- that way it shows up better on tint or regular windows.

Hey ismellrealbad i see you found your way to this site welcome, and i see that you put the pictures of your car too. I was just reading messages and i see pictures of my old car and my house infront of it i was like WOW and then i realized that it was you who bought that GP from me. Well WELCOME again and talk to you later.

lol. yes i have made this my new home. damn i just wish more people here lived in the PA/NJ/NY area. I would love to participate in a gathering of some sort. i was kinda thinkin bout cuttin ur house outta that pic, i used it cuz my camera sucks and ur pic was nice n clear. then i decided, oh well im too lazy :P Well anyway if u want me to edit that let me know and ill go ahead

lol. yes i have made this my new home. damn i just wish more people here lived in the PA/NJ/NY area.

If I remember right like 20 people are from the NJ/ny area....my car was bought in NJ new dont ask me how I got it in MN though lol

Hey ismellrealbad you dont have to edit the picture i dont mind it and its kinda nice to see my house on the picture, and PS i had couple people from this message board checking out that Pontiac and even test driving it. 8)

Hey I've got an idea! Why don't we put this decal on the front windshield of all the Cutlass Supremes...

170632_12_full.jpg

Ok maybe that ones just for mine :wink: Anyways, I'm up for a logo.. I'd love to have yet another vinyl sticker in a window or two somewhere. I'd probably grab a couple of the smaller ones though, got this in the back windshield.

170632_11_full.jpg

Norbi: cool, im glad that i own it and they don't :flip: :yak:

Musthave: Yes that why i suggested a larger one for the back window (not the whole size of the back window thatll just be corny, something about 1/4 the size of the back window so u can display it in a corner or in the middle or something. Or if u dont like that, a small one to put on a passenger window. Really hope someone can make somethin like that

I used to know a guy that owned a graphics store, he's the one that custom made mine and for pretty cheap too... $70 installed. He's moved his shop outta the mall, so I'm not too sure on where he's at, but I can find him if we need someone to actually make them. He'd do it no problem, and he'll go for discounts if we get a certain number of people to order them. All we really need to do is get a design going

well this is what i have on my front windshield.

http://www.soundillusions.net/sites/musthavemuzk/90cutlasssupreme/firstpicsofsinetoncar_0006.jpg

at the present i have no others. though i do have several that i am waiting on. i have 2 team stickers as well as a dale tribute sticker to go on.

plus a w-body one when they come out. so for me a smaller one like not much larger than say 3x9 give or take will work best for me.

willing to work with what is wanted though.

last weekend at a snowmobile show there was a lady that did custom vinyl graphic. she seamed to do a nice job. so i took her card. not sure what i was thinkin, but ya never know when ya might want something custom.

Monty

if anything im biased over that damn rocket...that round symbol looks a lot cooler. psh chevy can blow me that thing just happened to be that big. i will take another stab at it tho and include a rocket symbol instead of the round thingamafuck and try to make the chevy smaller. Im surprised noone tried to claim me biased by putting the arrowhead first since i have a GP :devil:

ok here is an updated one. yea that rocket definatley looks a lot shittier and its the best pic of one i could find too, the rest were even shittier like a 2 yr old drew em. here u go compare and contrast. if u have a better rocket pic send em to me. The chevy logo was reduced to 85%. This was all done in paint btw.

wbodycom.bmp

wbodycom2.bmp