mean white streaks

taylerade

guys, those white streaks have to go.

__hr_whitestreaks.jpg?bcssYw9AuP7GWv92

BUT HOW??? :o

i'm afraid anything stronger than turtle wax's black chrome cleaner/sealant (which doesnt do the trick) will damage the trim...

the blurb on the back of the bottle says "deep cleaning: black chrome's deep cleaning acts quickly and effectively, removing dirt, stains, wax-residue and discoloration" pardon me, but MY ASS :roll:

bought the car this way...... i didnt do it :!:

not sure.. might be wrong here, but isn't that paint missing from the bumper? if it's just streaks from the previous owner hitting another car, try a product like Meguiars ScratchX or a 3M medium cut rubbing compound. If you use the rubbing compound, make SURE to not apply too much pressure. :o

good luck!

edit: if that is overspray from say, road paint, then you might want to try one of those gunk removers. i think every company makes one-it'll say it removes bonded contaminants like bugs and road tar.

thanks

yeah im still unsure if it's scratched off or something stuck on it. thats the biggest question im asking myself right now. isnt bumper trim dyed not painted? if its dyed, it wouldnt scruff up?? paint would, right? when i glide my finger across, i can feel bumps such as if somethings stuck. wonder whats the color is underbeath if paint/dye is scratched off (ie my old mustang was yellow under black trim color)

hoping one of those scratchX or rubbing compound (have both in garage) will work -- low cost solutions :)

those streaks look BIG in that picture.. it really isnt.. only 3 inches or so across