Lumina Wheels...Opinions Please

urbex

Which Wheels?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which Wheels?

• Wheel #1
    • Wheel #2

So I want to get one of these two sets of wheels for my Lumina. Both were available on the LTZ model, which someday I kinda want mine to be a clone of...

There's this one:

122711.jpg

Or this one:

2G1WN52KXX9177185_4.jpg

I just want opinions on those two wheels. I have toyed with the idea of the LS style wheel, but think I'd rather go with the LTZ wheels....

Well hopefully mine won't be white at that point...:P But I did specifically look for white cars in the picture. I do looove this one:

98_chevrolet_lumina_ltz_sedan.jpg

I think it's because it looks just like my mom's Monte she had, and I loved that car!

Well, I'd like to paint the car black this summer, so white is out of the question. If the car were to stay white I'd consider it, but it'd just look goofy on a black car.:lol:

My dad has repainted whole cars different colors before, and he does a pretty good job. We'd do the door jambs, trunk, and most under hood stuff. Probably not the whole engine bay since that would be quite a bit of work for parts no one really sees. I'd probably do the bottom of the hood and the radiator support, but as for like the strut towers, nah.

Ha ha, Matt's already asked about him painting his GTP. The Lumina would be an all summer project, plus I wanted to get him to help repaint the door on my truck. Unfortunately his hands are pretty full....

Hmm.. I like both. I did my 96 with the Monte LS wheels, did my 97 with the LTZ wheels, and my white 97 already had the Lumina LS wheels... I have all 3 versions which means I have too many Luminas :lol:

I am not sure how hard they are to find, but the LTZ wheels are nearly impossible to find in decent shape here. The LS wheels are all over the place, red centers are from a Z34 and silvers are from an LS. And when looking at the LTZ wheels silver centers are from an LTZ and reds are from a Z34... if that matters to you.

I can send you pics of what they look like on my base Luminas if you need em.