Missing a Certain GP...

losh

Have had a thing for these cars for a while... most likely from growing up around them.

Family members had lots of Gm's, mostly W-bodys when I think on it. Handfuls of Regals and GPs...

Buddy of mine in high school had a beat to hell Cutlass Supreme sedan. It was a neglected car, but it would always start even in these sometimes oddly cold Indiana winters. I admired the car's normalcy, yet interesting look. Plus, it hauled us around to quite a few parties.:D

My GF had a '95 GP with a greasy 3400 when we first started dating. It just turned over 150K when I first sat in it. It was a salvage title, just her first car. She liked when I drove, and my truck was always so horrible on gas we usually ended up taking her car. It was a constant project I was having to dick with and I learned a lot from messing with it. Drove the hell out of it too, together we both put about 5,000 miles on it in the few months she had it. It really wasn't that bad of a car, just an annoying little oil leak and a tendency to get a little hot on longer trips. She was loud, some kid must have owned it because you could hear those fat chrome tips from a mile away. Lol I loved that exhaust. She sold it for 800 bucks a while back and picked up a mint Cutlass Ciera Brougham. It's slow as hell but it's a nice dependable ride and it has the Iron Duke tank engine. I look on craigslist and sure enough, that GP is on there... too much work for me now I am sure, though it is hard to not go look at it!

And now, I'm looking at getting a car for myself and my truck will become the family workhorse. Know a guy who has got a CS sedan who might deal. Decent shape, nice blue paint under 100K on the clock. Also looking at a '93 Regal GS with 37K, price is pretty damn high though... Somehow, I'm going to get my hands on a nice W-body again! And this time it'll be my own lol

Welcome!!!!

Owning a w-body is an experience like no other... but totally worth it!

And with that 95 gp, sounds like it had the DOHC 3.4, not the 3400. Two totally different engines. :D

Found a '96 GP SE sedan with 57K miles. Guy is asking $5900... seems pretty nice from pics and vid. Gonna go and check her out tomorrow after work.:D

Walk away if he won't come down anywhere near $2000.

do you guys drive salvage titles? you can't find those kind of prices here, believe me i've looked lol been looking and haggling for 3-4 months. and it turns out this is at a dealership, just went and saw it.

You overpaid too.

Your probably right, but that was the final price. After taxes and all.

Still overpaid :facepalm:

But I don't care I love the car, hard to come by one in the condition it is in.

Dealerships overcharge alot... I worked at one and they were asking 40% higher than they had in the car... I bet they paid no more than 1k for that sedan... Whats your location?

Indiana. I know dealers overcharge a bit, I looked at it a while and it is really solid. Paint is good, no weird fisheye stuff, doesn't look like it has ever had bodywork... I know what to look for there are tattletail signs I'm told. Nothing is faded, dash isn't cracked seats are in good condition.

I was going to try to go to $4K tomorrow. Too high still?

Indiana. I know dealers overcharge a bit, I looked at it a while and it is really solid. Paint is good, no weird fisheye stuff, doesn't look like it has ever had bodywork... I know what to look for there are tattletail signs I'm told. Nothing is faded, dash isn't cracked seats are in good condition.

I was going to try to go to $4K tomorrow. Too high still?

Start real low an work your way up. Find a meeting point on the price.

As for me the money wasn't an issue and I was able to talk the dealer down 700, it was LISTING 5K, before taxes... but I got him down to 4300, and a full tank of gas. But I was planning on buying the car for 5K... but figured ide give it a shot.

Tell him its a 2000 dollar car... If your dead set on it, take the amount with you that you will want to spend, that way you cant spend more than that... Also, make sure the amount you agree on is an "out the door" amount, which means, they pay taxes and title fees... Remember, you dont HAVE to buy the car, you want them to feel like they need to earn your business by lowering the price to a fair amount... You are only helping yourself when you negotiate

:D

Scored a '97 Cutlass Supreme today! This fine sedan has just over 95,000 miles, Medium Blue Metallic, tons of new parts, all reciepts, a cleanly titled, one owner car. Got it for $3,000.

My camera will be back Friday, pics to come after I pick it up after work!