Hello from PA!

Demented Monte

Hey all,

I've been on here a little while now and you guys are great for information. I'm not new to car modding but haven't spent much time in domestic cars. Only had 2 before my monte carlo a 1989 Cutlass Supreme and a 2001 Grand Am SE.

Just wanted to say thanks to all the great and informative people in this forum!

If anyone cares to read this.. My monte was a resurrection project. She was hauled from a good friends backyard the picture on the left is what was discovered to be the entire problem why the car had gotten parked. This all began August of this year. The intake manifold had failed, spark wires and plugs were shot and the throttle body had become so gunk riddled that i'm almost positive it wasn't bringing any air in what so ever. 3 weeks later i had replaced the Valve cover gaskets, intake manifold and throttle body gaskets, intake manifold, fuel feed line (had a leak above the engine), Spark wires and plugs, the broken stock intake with the shorty one, the battery cables with custom made ones. Finally it was up and running again...The modding began from there :-)

post-6834-143689084533_thumb.jpg

post-6834-143689084515_thumb.jpg

Edited by Demented Monte
Added pics and the cars story