to anyone that's done control arm bushings

Psych0matt

Sooooo.... I was under the assumption Andrei did the CA bushing writeup... Now I see it wasnt and I have no clue if what I have is correct. Anyone that can shed some light? I picked up some grade 8 bolts and nuts, 1/2" (like it says in the writeup). Does the thread pitch matter as long as the nuts are the same? And the length is 4" which seemed to match up to the 100mm metric ones. Is slightly longer ok?

Sooooo.... I was under the assumption Andrei did the CA bushing writeup... Now I see it wasnt and I have no clue if what I have is correct. Anyone that can shed some light? I picked up some grade 8 bolts and nuts, 1/2" (like it says in the writeup). Does the thread pitch matter as long as the nuts are the same? And the length is 4" which seemed to match up to the 100mm metric ones. Is slightly longer ok?

It was me who did the writeup. It may have been moved or re-posted in a different section by someone else.

Thread pitch doesn't matter as long as the nuts and bolts are the same. Slightly longer is fine. I would also recommend washers.

Ok cool, I thought there was a reason I thought you did id (because you did), but the name on the writeup was someone else. So 1/2" will work? That's what I got. I can pick up some washers tomorrow no problem, I'm getting stuff ready because BXX and I are going to try and do mine next weekend

Ok cool, I thought there was a reason I thought you did id (because you did), but the name on the writeup was someone else. So 1/2" will work? That's what I got. I can pick up some washers tomorrow no problem, I'm getting stuff ready because BXX and I are going to try and do mine next weekend

Make sure you read the writeup. I can't stress it enough. Little things that look and sound simple will turn a 2 hours job into an entire weekend job and a visit to a junkyard. Just follow the plan and you'll be alright, and keep BXX away from his air hammer. :lol:

Noooo!!! I loves mah air hammer!!!!:lol:

I already have the LCA's modded Andrie, basically i'll be installing the ones I have, and I will keep his arms and bushing kits in return to speed things up.

Yes, they will be fine. As I mentioned in the writeup (or I hope I did), you'll need to drill out the subframe mounts to accept the 1/2" bolt. Its a very small increase, but the bolt won't fit without it.

Noooo!!! I loves mah air hammer!!!!:lol:

I already have the LCA's modded Andrie, basically i'll be installing the ones I have, and I will keep his arms and bushing kits in return to speed things up.

Wait, so why don't you have a set on your car? Moar mods now!

Wait, so why don't you have a set on your car? Moar mods now!

Cause I don't have new bolts yet, nor did I have time the other night or the ability to air hammer out seized bolts on the Euro at 3am in my driveway. Im sure the cops wouldnt have liked that very well.

I just reused my bolts with no problems.

So did adam, but most of our factory bolts are rusted or rusting at best, and the factory bolts are a tad bit smaller than 1/2". Running the correct bolt size is recommended.

Sent from my HTC Awesome using Tapatalk

i already have bolts, forgot to grab the washers but theyre at my desk at work. 4 should be plenty, yes? and 2 bolts, 2 nuts? (I don't have the parts in front of me for reference, and I just worked 3 12+ hour days in a row and am exhausted :lol: )