What is the thickest aluminum wheel spacer I can install on a 95 Grand Prix?

blackbombshell95

1/4" MAX, preferably 1/8"

What he said.

I run a 3/8" only because that's the minimum I need in order to clear 245/45/17s on my Regal with coilovers, and I have less than 1/4" of clearance left. Anything larger than 1/4" will not give you enough stud thread to grip the lugnuts onto.

you gotta be able to center the spacer by feeling it back there as you tighten the first lug nut. my mustang 17x9" 5 spoke rims made it easy to feel through there.

what you do is hand thread all the lug nuts on until they are close enough for the wheel to barely snug up, then center the spacer, and torque down one, check it, and torque the rest.

and I would never do it without getting longer studs.

I have universal spaces on mine, honestly I'd recommend getting longer studs. I havent gotten them yet, but I do recheck my lugs every couple weeks...I'm just paranoid. I've had a wheel fall off before not a fun experience. I heard a 'tink..tink' I was like what is that...I soon realized it was the sound of lug nuts hitting the ground.