Kinetik or XS Power

Jprice90

looking for a battery, not sure what brand, or what model i would be able to fit in there, any got any reviews of either brand? i got a CHEAP battery from Autozone for $40, i replaced the battery when the older lady had it..or maybe i can get away with an Optima? i only got a Kicker 400.1 amp and CVX12 as far as extras go, no HIDS etc

looking for a battery, not sure what brand, or what model i would be able to fit in there, any got any reviews of either brand? i got a CHEAP battery from Autozone for $40, i replaced the battery when the older lady had it..or maybe i can get away with an Optima? i only got a Kicker 400.1 amp and CVX12 as far as extras go, no HIDS etc

HIDs draw less power than standard bulbs. 400W is nothing. Your battery will never see any current draw because your alternator will be providing enough power at that point. You really don't need an expensive battery. Optimas are overrated and overpriced. The best batteries out there to my knowledge are the newer Diehard Platinum batteries, which coincidentally use the same technology as the Optima batteries. Better warranty than the Optimas too. The quality of Optimas has been going downhill since they moved all their production to Mexico.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/158687-goodbye-optima-hello-die-hard-platinum/

The quality of Optimas has been plummeting downhill since they moved all their production to Mexico.

Excellent choice on the Diehard Plats. They are rebadged Odessey batteries and it's pretty much the best battery out there.

This has been discussed over and over again on diyma.com and the answer is always the same: Diehard Platinum.

damn really? sweet..i had a Duralast Gold in my Aurora, that was a pretty good battery for what i was throwing at it..im going to be putting my 750 amp back in, i noticed when the bass hit the gauge lights would dim a little bit, and rpms would drop maybe 100rpm or so, but didnt seen the headlights dimming

im definitely going to check out the Diehards, thanks alot man :thumbsup:

and would you know what model i would need?

Whatever fits in your battery holder and uses he same terminals is my best guess. When you walk in and get one, they should be able to tell you what you need.

Honestly, if your lights are dimming, you need to look into upgrading your big 3 wiring and figuring out why they're dimming. Your battery only holds charge for starting your car and only at 12.6V at that. Your lights dimming indicate that you're dropping from 14.4V somehow, and its not likely that its your battery. Start with your wiring.

Edited by xtremerevolution

spiral cell batteries have always been garbage. unless you have a normal car with a 400 watt amp or something. then they might last a while.

my buddy had one in his Gran Torino for close to 10 years hanging on by a thread... until it caught on fire the other day and burned the paint all off his hood.:lol:

I don't know. I was impressed with the Optima Red Top I had for awhile, it was a REALLY good battery, and I could leave accessories on a good long while by mistake without it missing a start. I didn't pay for it though, it came in a car from a trade.

I know, I bought my first one in 93. I had it forever. however I believe that since newer AGM technology is available, although its just as expensive, takes more abuse.