prewired?

emb1230

The power seat will be trickier (albiet doable), but the power trunk release is EASY. Just get the switch, wire one side to a 12v constant and the other to the trunk release!

It won't be how it's *supposed* to be wired, but who cares if you can or can't pop the trunk while in drive?

Honestly, I'd rather have a power trunk release, the power seat is NBD

For sure. That's what I did... Of course, I added the trunk release, power mirrors, optional gauge cluster, keyless entry... And I *JUST* grabbed a HUD, lighted sun visors, map lights, and DIC from a donor GP :-D

If you have the patience and a decent guide you can do all kinds of cool stuff!

Someone said that you could grab the harness from the power seats up to the fuse block, that it just plugs into the back and makes it PNP? I just ran mine off the battery: I took the breaker from the fuseblock and used that as a fuse, and grounded the plug to one of the seat bolts. IIRC I used 14 gauge wire from the parts store.

• 2 years later...

My monte has the wiring and plug

My 89 cutlass sl with manual seats has the power plug under the seat. Swapped the seats out of my international. ( Of course the switch died while I was installing them)