Stupid radios' cassette players autoeject!

Oilpatch197

anyone make an adapter that will fit the OEM cassette decks and STAY THE FRIGGIN IN IT?:mad:

I would like to play a Ipod. I need a cassette to 3.5mm plug adapter that the stupid deck does not spit out!

Several brands of cassette adapters are made so that the way the cord comes out of the adapter can be changed for different configured tape decks.

Edited by emb1230

On some radios there is a special mode you can put the radio in for these adaptors--

http://forums.ilounge.com/car-solutions/104028-mysterious-ejecting-cassette-adapters-revisited-chevy-malibu.html#post856015

In the Malibu (2001) owner's manual it explains how to override the tape sensor:

"With the radio off and the ignition on press and hold the TAPE AUX button to disable the tapesensing feature to enable play of some tape head cleaners and portable CD adapters. The radiowill display READY and flash the cassette icon. The tight/loose tape sensing feature will then be disabled until the next time a cassette is ejected."

• 3 weeks later...

You guys are probably aware of this already, but there are places around that work on factory head units. I live near Birmingham, AL, and I have taken multiple factory head units to Rickwood Radio in Birmingham to be repaired. They are very knowledgeable and do good quality work. They recently fixed my cassette player in my '91 GTP. Just a thought. Also, if the cassette player fails, you can always hard wire an FM modulator in so you have an auxiliary input for an ipod or mp3 player. I've wired 3 Audiovox units in my various cars, and they work great.

You guys are probably aware of this already, but there are places around that work on factory head units. I live near Birmingham, AL, and I have taken multiple factory head units to Rickwood Radio in Birmingham to be repaired. They are very knowledgeable and do good quality work. They recently fixed my cassette player in my '91 GTP. Just a thought. Also, if the cassette player fails, you can always hard wire an FM modulator in so you have an auxiliary input for an ipod or mp3 player. I've wired 3 Audiovox units in my various cars, and they work great.

There's nothing wrong with the cassette players per se. The problem is that some of us use Cassette adapters to hook up an iPod or a CD player And the cassette player reads it as a blank tape and spits it out.

There's nothing wrong with the cassette players per se. The problem is that some of us use Cassette adapters to hook up an iPod or a CD player And the cassette player reads it as a blank tape and spits it out.

It's not that, it's the logic mechanism, that makes sure the tension is maintained between the two hubs. The way that the cassette adaptors work confuses them and the safety mechanism rejects them because either there is too much tension, or one hub does not spin. Some players do have silence sensing mechanisms, primarily Ford players, but I don't think Delco players do this.

It's not that, it's the logic mechanism, that makes sure the tension is maintained between the two hubs. The way that the cassette adaptors work confuses them and the safety mechanism rejects them because either there is too much tension, or one hub does not spin. Some players do have silence sensing mechanisms, primarily Ford players, but I don't think Delco players do this.
ah. but the end result is the same. the radio gets confused and rejects it.

• 1 month later...