wiring 2010 CVX12 D4

Jprice90

ohh yeahh thats true lol..youre right DD are all SPL. i checked out some of the SSA's..nice stuff..being made in the USA is always a good thing, didnt know that, maybe i wouldve bought a SSA in of a Kicker :roll:..i heard a FI-Q 12 before, it sounded pretty good..but i dont think i would own one, arent they real power hungry? and i was looking at older posts, seem like you know alot about audio bro :thumbsup:

I've got my own sub box modeling/design thread over on diyma.com.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/system-design-help-me-choose-equipment-my-car/109247-xtremerevolutions-sub-box-modeling-service.html

I would say I know what I'm talking about. Thanks for the compliment. Between car audio and designing and building high end home theater speakers, I know enough to make your head spin.

The Fi Q is pretty power hungry, and the moving mass has a lot to do with it. If you want a good sounding sub, it needs to have a low moving mass, rated as mms in the T/S parameters. I have heard a lot of the SSA subs and they are incredible, not to mention very well priced.

To compare, the moving mass of an Image Dynamics IDMax12 is 141 grams. The Fi Q 12 has a moving mass of 249 grams. Take a guess as to which will be more tight, accurate, and have quicker transient responses, as well as sounding excellent at both low and high volumes. The IDMax always comes out on top in that scenario. Of course, there are other companies that also make similar subs. The DC Sound Labs subs also have a very low moving mass.

I'd take an SSA Dcon or Icon sub over any Kicker sub currently offered hands down. They have a very heavy moving mass and aren't really designed to do anything but get loud, and inefficiently at that.

Edited by xtremerevolution

i want to make my first box someday, that thread will come in handy, thanks..definitely gonna save that page

but yeah, im sure i'll be getting a different sub soon, along with an amp like i always do lol..next sub i'll check out SSA a little more..from what i see they perform very well