"pulling back and forth" when in OD

Jprice90

at around 45mph i'll sometimes get like a pulling back and forth, sometimes kinda bad, until i give it a little more gas..anybody know what that could be?

At 45mph with TCC on, even the slightest misfire will cause the surging feeling, as will bad engine/trans mounts.

Check the trans fluid level and condition first, might be a good time for a pan drop and filter change.

And with the TCC having a PWM soft apply setup, if the PWM solenoid is going out, it can allow the TCC to slip to varying degrees causing the surging feeling as well.

How does a bad mount make a surging feeling?

I don't mean that to come across as douchey, I'm seriously asking that because I never would have guessed that. I was just wondering if a bad mount could be part with my issues.

How does a bad mount make a surging feeling?

I don't mean that to come across as douchey, I'm seriously asking that because I never would have guessed that. I was just wondering if a bad mount could be part with my issues.

Ive had a shot engine/trans mount throw P0300 codes:lol:

Excessive engine movement is bad mkay.

Im a technician, not an engineer, so I cant expain the actual physics of how the bad mounts will cause a surging feeling, but it has to do with the engine rocking and bouncing back and forth under part/light load and cruise.

Well, I'm not sure that is my issue or not, because mine doesn't happen in the winter, and happens more when wet... But I KNOW that my motor mount is shot, so it's worth replacing anyways.

Thanks Bob!

Sorry for thread jacking, back to the OP.

ACTUALLY, now that you said something about a misfire, sometimes when im at a light it will kinda surge, RPMS will drop a bit and come back up, sometimes it will do it twice

the car has 61K on it, the trans fluid looks good and is like a purpleish color