Tire sizes for 17x8 rims

19Cutlass94

Hey guys, for 17x8 rims, what tire size would you guys recommend, 245/45/17? 255/45/17?

Any help would be great, trying to get an idea of what size tire I would need so I can look into different tires.

Im gonna have to get 1 rim to see if they will fit thought, Still think I might have fitmet issues with the specs of rim. Although they say it will fit... But then again Im not so sure how an 8" rim will look on a Cutlass. I dont want that off-road, rim sticking out 4" past fender look :lol:

Anyone have any pics of an 8" rim on a Cutlass?

Im gonna have to get 1 rim to see if they will fit thought, Still think I might have fitmet issues with the specs of rim. Although they say it will fit... But then again Im not so sure how an 8" rim will look on a Cutlass. I dont want that off-road, rim sticking out 4" past fender look :lol:

Anyone have any pics of an 8" rim on a Cutlass?

offset is going to be the biggest factor as to how far they stick out. there are many cutlasses with 077s and those are 8" wide and look very good.

I can tell you that the offset of the rims are a + 40mm. But then my other concern is how far into the car are they going to stick, cause in the rear I have the BMR tubular trailing arms that are HUGE

i have 215s on a 6" rim. add another 50.8mm for the 2" width difference, and technically, you should be able to fit all the way up to 265, assuming it doesn't run into anything.

255/45 I think would be better just for speedo purposes. But probably will cost more.

Now I just need to figure out if these rims are going to fit. Since itll be an extra 1.5" or rubber on the ground. Or if I should just stick with a 17x7..

That looks good!

See but what worries me is the extra 10mm difference. As the car sits right now, I only have 1/2" clearance between the BMR trailing arms, and my current 215/60's

Well I think I got it figured out. Well just have to test fitment to see how everything works out!

Edited by 19Cutlass94

That looks good!

See but what worries me is the extra 10mm difference. As the car sits right now, I only have 1/2" clearance between the BMR trailing arms, and my current 215/60's

Well I think I got it figured out. Well just have to test fitment to see how everything works out!

My rears are very close to the trailing arms indeed. However the rear needs spacers to longer lateral arms to widen the track width and even things up.

The fronts stick out less that the xlaces, but not by much. My car needs an alignment, so with the wheels straight, the positive camber it has currently makes them appear to stick out, but it still looks great:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Eagle Alloys 185's (discontinued) 17x 8 +38 mm offset. 235/50-17 (26.25 Dia.) tires with 3/16" spacer on rear.

My next tires will be 255/45-17 (26.04 Dia.)

The regal has 16x 7 I believe with 245/50 16's

Hope this helps.

post-4629-143689075089_thumb.jpg

post-4629-143689075095_thumb.jpg

post-4629-143689075103_thumb.jpg