Steering Wheel Control?

Rick

I did a few searches and couldn't come up with anything...so here is my question.

Is there anyway to regain the controls of the steering wheel when you put a aftermarket stereo in? On youtube I have seen a few aftermarket stereos that still have the steering wheel functions so I was curious if anyone on here knows how to do that. I put a Pioneer 3300 in a few weeks ago.

Thanks,

Rick

These will work, just a pain to program and the PAC SWI-X has to have the existing remote to teach the unit to work what you want is the PAC SWI-PS. It will work with your Pioneer HU

What do you mean existing remote? The remote that came with the Pioneer headset I purchased? Ill look into it more when I get back from Florida, figured I might as well try and grab some advice before I get back so I can get started. Before that I need to remove the aftermarket alarm though because it wont ground correctly and it sets off too much. Letalone, due to that it drains my battery dead within a day.

The PAC SWI-PS WILL NOT work with that Pioneer (assuming its the single din Pioneer DEH-3300UB you installed). The ASWC also will not work. The reason is that the Pioneer you have does not have a wired remote input, you would need to go up one step to the DEH-4300UB to get that feature.

The PAC SWI-X will work since it uses a infrared signal (like your Pioneer remote) to send the signal. They are more difficult to install and generally do not work as well as the wired ones, but with that radio you have no choice.

Thanks for that heads up..thats greatly appreciated. I didnt realize it was such a steep cost ($50) for an adapter to have steering controls. Considering I have other priorities on the car maybe this will have to be put to the side for a little bit. Ill favorite this page so hopefully when I have the opportunity to do this I will have all the info. Thanks again Addicted2bass, that was helpful to know.