Hello everybody

GtpKo

I suppose I should introduce myself. My name is Chris and I have a 2000 Grand Prix GTP w/ 180k miles. Mods are Speed Daddy headers, AEM open cone, no cat(for now), MSD 8.5 wires, AL606s.

Current issues are P0140, P0650, and now a P0443 I think it was, small EVAP leak detected so maybe loose gas cap or something. Also my car has a growing rust problem. Rockers are rusted out, spots starting above rear wheels, spot starting on the front lip of the hood, and the good-ol rust under the spoiler. Going to do my best to remedy that this summer. Broken front sway bar as well.

Future mods may include: 3.4/3.5 pulley, F-body brakes, first gen wheels, and I've been planning a manual swap since February, just have to source parts and find time+location as I don't have a garage, just a neighbors smalll gravel driveway.

I've been on other forums since '09 and I tend to write page long posts from time to time. I've been a fan of the 3800 w-body since the 90's. Once again Hello! :)

Welcome to the forum, but why would you keep dumping $ into a rotbox? You would be better off buying a rust free shell to transfer powertrain to.

Welcome to the forum, but why would you keep dumping $ into a rotbox? You would be better off buying a rust free shell to transfer powertrain to.

No other reason than despite of you Jeremy.

x2. Welcome

I live in Toronto, so finding a rust-free shell within 1000 miles is an exercise in futility. Unless I want to spend like $5k or something but then $2k at a body shop will take care of any rust my car has and then some!

I'll just take care of it best I can for now. I'm amateurish at body work but I don't mind trying.

I have daydreamed about finding a 95-96-ish Grand Prix from Arizona or someplace dry and doing an L67/5-speed combo in that.

Oh yea, I'll take some pics this weekend. I recently bought a pair of used mufflers with huge-azz tips. dual 3" tips on each, might be too much we'll see haha.

Edited by GtpKo
pics coming

first gen

You mean 1st gen...

And Welcome from Guelph!

Oh, and its been my experience that $2k at a body shop will not take care of the rust you are talking about... correction, it will not take care of it for very long... Matt (aka Got2B GM) in Kitchener can attest to that with his old White Z34

Edited by CSI_MuNkY

You mean 1st gen...

And Welcome from Guelph!

Oh, and its been my experience that $2k at a body shop will not take care of the rust you are talking about... correction, it will not take care of it for very long... Matt (aka Got2B GM) in Kitchener can attest to that with his old White Z34

You are not allowed to use the term first gen around here. :mad: :lol:

Welcome to the site!

You are not allowed to use the term first gen around here. :mad: :lol:

Welcome to the site!

PREferred GENeration? :lol:

lol okay. I never understood that term anyway.:think:

I had a 1990 Grand Prix, but the front end basically fell apart and was broke at the time so I had to part with it. :(