05 Grand prix starting troubles

FordBoy

My grand prix starts kinda goofy idk if its common or something it up with it. I have only had it happen once or twice but it happens to my gf all the time. when you attempt to start it it will start but be very rough and weak for about 2 or 3 seconds the die. we wait a few seconds then try again sometimes it will do it again or it will fire up with the rpms a tick high and idleing a little bit rough for a few secends then be fine. I gave it new plugs and wires changed the air filter and it still does it. Any ideas? :shrug:

How many miles? Clean the Mass air flow, Clean the TB. Change the Fuel filter. doing all that is about 1 1/2 hours of work, and 20$ in parts.

• 2 weeks later...

I added a additive to the gas (marvil mystery oil) seems to have fixed it. however now i have a new problem the alarm keeps going off randomly. Even when the doors are unlocked. I was sitting in it yesterday after i thought i had it fixed was listening to the radio with the key in the ign. set to acc. and then it started again the only way it wont go off it with the battery removed as soon as i put the cable back on the battery it instantly starts going off again i checked all the doors and truck all seems to be good as far as closed tight. im going to talk it to the dealer this week and see if a scanner can tell me what is wrong with it. was just wondering if anyone on here had any ideas before i went there.