steering wheel controls w aftermarket stereo

johnny404

anybody got idea how to put an old school alpine head unit and eq into a 1995 cutlass vert and retain steering wheel controls (at least for the climate control part if not both)

If the headunit has the headphone jack connection then you can use the pac or the axxess ASWC

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=207&CategoryID=29

If the headunit came with a remote and does not have the proper connection for the SWI-Jack then you can use the

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=212&CategoryID=29

You can also check on crutchfield to see which interface works with the alpine headunit that you have.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the factory service manuals for the '95 Cutlass, I'll take a look, and let you know. :thumbsup:

Johnny; some behavior issues with my 17 year old son kept me from the service manuals last night, I'll try again today to find what you're looking for.

Um, just ignore those pics...they WERE the pinouts for the connectors at the steering wheel, and the radio, I had gotten them from the Web...but for some reason, they're something TOTALLY unrelated now, which I suspect is deliberately done by the source.

Edited by Galaxie500XL

well the way i see it it can only be a switched ground kind of thing so if i supply the heat/a/c switches what they need then they will work,right?

the head unit is old and has no provisions for this so i know that going in