Stock Exhaust Size

SupraStar

Anyone know the size of the exhaust is.. After the cat specifically, if that makes a difference...

On the 2.8L / 3.1L pushrods = 2"

On the 3.4L DOHC's = 2.25"

I would not go over 2.5" in diameter so that you won't severely lose low-end torque.

- Erik

thats wrong the piping on my Z34 was 2.5", but that is a 5-speed, but i think they were the same. it was 2.5 with crush bends, i put in 2.5 with mandrel bends. mine now goes 2.5 split into 2x2.25s

thats wrong the piping on my Z34 was 2.5", but that is a 5-speed, but i think they were the same.

Really? Thats cool. Hmm... however my sold Cutlass DOHC was 2.25".

That's what the books called for while I was at a muffler shops installing some replacement piping.

:withstupid: listen to that, thats right, do you know why its right?

because RedFox340 said it, and he says something, you know its right. well... most of the time :wink:

Careful, I may type something dumb... And then where would you & I be?

I'm glad to know people can trust me; remember I'm not the only one that provides information on the board.

All of you put in for the good of the board; pat yourselves on the back, you all deserve it.

- Erik

thats wrong the piping on my Z34 was 2.5", but that is a 5-speed, but i think they were the same.

Really? Thats cool. Hmm... however my sold Cutlass DOHC was 2.25".

That's what the books called for while I was at a muffler shops installing some replacement piping.

:withstupid: listen to that, thats right, do you know why its right?

because RedFox340 said it, and he says something, you know its right. well... most of the time :wink:

Careful, I may type something dumb... And then where would you & I be?

I'm glad to know people can trust me; remember I'm not the only one that provides information on the board.

All of you put in for the good of the board; pat yourselves on the back, you all deserve it.

- Erik

haha dont worry, if i see something that you type that seems dumb to me, ill point it out, haha, and i try to give good information, but time-wise, im kindof a noob here, but ive obsorbed alot of information since i have been on board, alot of good information, still dont know what a PCV valve is/does though... :?

...still dont know what a PCV valve is/does though... :?

I thought I posted that...

Wait, yeah... I did...

Postive Crakcase Ventilation (PCV) System -

this system is used on all vehicles to evacuate the crankcase vapors. Fresh air from the air filter / intake duct is supplied to the crankcase, mixed with blow-by gasses and then passed through the PCV valve into the intake manifold / plenum. When manifold vacuum is high, such as at idle, the valve restricts the flow of blow-off gases allowed into the manifold. If abnormal operating conditions occur, the system will aloow excessive blow-by to back flow throgh the hose into the air filter. A plugged PCV valve may cause rough idle, stalling, slow idle speed, oil leaks, oil in the air filter and carbon / sludge build-up in the intake system. Clean / replace dirty and clogged PCV valve along with inspecting the throttle body and air intake tube for oily deposits. during replacement, check any hoses for deterioration due to heat and age.

- Erik

hmm, is that the same thing as a breather? i know there is a tube leading from my air intake pipe that goes to the valvecover, and thats the breather, nothing leading to the crankcase?