245/50 16s or 255/45 16s?

Go4DaMo

need new rubber on muh x-laces...the ol Dean Stingers ain't gonna hold up much longer, and I wanted some input!

I can't get white letters with either...dang it!

My concern with 255s: a crappy ride matched to FE3 suspension :/

I wanna say my front wheels on the gp have 255s on em they seem to wear em okay, however I'll be putting 245s on shortly. I'd get 245s

I wanted to get 255s and after I bought the 245s, I wish I did. They just seem so narrow compared to what could be.

But I do a lot of straight driving in the TGP. If I autocrossed it or something, I'd get 245s.

245 max for daily driver duty. You aren't drag racing.

I would be running 225/60R16 tires if you are interested in maximizing mileage and saving $$$ on rubber. less width = less friction, but still look decent.

• 1 year later...

295 50 16 Mt's (28" tall)

IMG_0267.jpg

255 60 16's worked great on it too, you can see em on the back.... (riviera with much bigger wheelwells)

i have a set of 4 good used 245 50 16's for the Xlaces i got for the 442 and id rather have the 255, looks "fuller"

they actually fit quite well, full contact patch at about 22-24psi up front

275's would probably fit sweet...i just want something about 26.5" tall to fillout the wheel wells much better than the oe size

Nice! I think you just answered my question on wether I should get 255 50 16 for my 16x7 GP Polished five spokes. Do you think they'll rub on turns up front?

If so, I was thinking of going staggered with a 255 50 16 in the rear and a 245 50 16 in the front which seems to be 25.65 tall and but the 245 50 16 is 26.04 tall. Dont want to run different sizes if i dont need to though

i dunno if they will rub but honestly you shouldnt be going to the steering lock and holding it anyways...it increases wear and tear and causes pressure spikes in the PS system.

its not hard to "learn" your steering wheel position when your near lock

i dunno if they will rub but honestly you shouldnt be going to the steering lock and holding it anyways...it increases wear and tear and causes pressure spikes in the PS system.

its not hard to "learn" your steering wheel position when your near lock

You're right. Screw it, going with the 255 50 16's then. ;)

• 3 weeks later...