IAC O-Ring

joeld

Anybody have any luck finding the O-ring for the IAC valve? I need to remove IAC and TPS from the throttle body for cleaning and I'm sure the O-ring will need to be replaced.

Thanks

Joel

Forgot to add: 1995 Grand Prix 3100

Edited by joeld

I had a pack of general A/c o rings from the help section at Autozone..and there was one in there that fit....Idk if that helps but it worked for me

Just looked at a diagram, I see where it is, yeah it was there, but I didn't think anything of it. It was in good shape... Guess I was just lucky then.:shrug:

I had a pack of general A/c o rings from the help section at Autozone..and there was one in there that fit....Idk if that helps but it worked for me

Yea, I'm thinking a trip to half-a-dozen stores will be part of this little project!

Thanks

Joel

Aren't IAC's fairly cheap? I can't remeber, and I can't really look it up right now. I thought they were like $15... You'd almost be better just getting a whole new one.

Sadly I had the same thought as you when I went into the store...my Butt hole still hurts a little...but at least the car idles nicely now :)

Yea, check the price of a AC Delco! It will hurt!

Well, I got lucky and the O-ring was fine. Surprised me since the car just turned over 180k and the IAC is OE.

Really wasn't too bad, just a little light carbon build up that I brushed off gently.

Joel

Mine didnt..but I didn't really run it long...it was after I took off the plenum and replaced a bad gasket...and after spraying everything with carb cleaner to find a leak..which proved not to work...I let it idle for about 10 minutes and just listened to it...and it was fluctuating in rhythm...then I tapped the IAC with a wrench..and it smoothed out for about 2 minutes..then went erratic again so i smacked it again..and it went smooth again..did this three more times and figured hell..just replace it...and it fixed my problems...I know if the idle sits too high for too long it will set a code but i simply never got that far

From what I know..it will only set a code if the idle is too high for too long..not too low..Idk 100% on that I deal with mostly newer cars, well I did..before I got laid off...so obd1 is a lil vague for me since I was 15 when it went out of style lol....

You got a 95 gp right? that is obd1 if I am not mistaken..I had a 96 and it was 0bd2...and I thought that was the first year..since GM didn't do a lot of early models with obd2...but IDK for sure, I could be totally off based

if yours is a 99.....then it definitely DOES have 0bd2.....I think I: skipped a post or someting and got totally turned around..but if you own a 99 lumina..it is 0bd2 lol all cars sold in the US after 96 have obd2