Went to the track last night and set my self a new PB. :D

60' 2.081

330 6.171

1/8 9.609

mph 71.71

1000 12.567

1/4 15.092

mph 89.12

Yes my mph is low I'm not sure why. Part of might be the 3.69 gears I have.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dykz34

• Aaron

• GTP207

• Bolt_Crank

Nice!

Your 60' time seems to agree with them gears haveing something to do with it :twisted:

I almost can't wait till my tranny dies (this could take a while). Its gonna get the works!

Nice!

I almost can't wait till my tranny dies (this could take a while). Its gonna get the works!

HAHA! About 99% of the peeps DREAD and PRAY TO GOD for that not to happen!

NICE TIMES! Where did you get the TQverter and gears???

WIth that 1/4 time you could easly go even with 94-98 stock Mustang GT, heheheheeh i would like to see that guy in a Mustang getting pissed that a family car can keep up with him. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT>

As I said before, nice time. Your mph is low because the motor is bone stock.

My best trap speed was a 89.91 back in the stock days.

The trans is the ASG 4T60E HD. I bought at domestic performance.com. When I ordered it I contacted Ty and told him what I wanted. One word of warning at least for the 94-95 guys you will need some kind of reprogramming done with the gears. I have a problem hitting the rev limiter at WOT.

dykz.....you're car is GORGEOUS!

anyway...I'm praying my tranny breaks NOW because I have a warranty on it....and that warranty company is gonna get me a 5-speed....so BREAK!!!

lol do what hazmatic did a while back, drive in reverse and then slam it into drive and then floor it! or just 'downshift' with your tranny, like go from OD to D, then D to 2, and then 2 to 1, its pretty fun but i imagine it puts a little stress on the tranny as well, but hey if you get a manual, that would be sweet. ive always wanted a manual, next summer when my camaro gets on the road ill finally get to drive one for an extended period of time :D too bad its only a 3 speed though.. but i guess it doesnt matter, its a camaro, and manuals are fun

shit dude thats fast off the line. god damn. you beat me to 60, you beat me to 330, you beat my 1/8, and we were dead even at 1000. wow. but at the 1/8, i was at 74mph, so i had 3 on you. those are some really impressive times, i guess those gears help a lot. btw, i was crossing the line at 6600 in 3rd gear, what about you?

Ya, that high stall and gearing makes that thing a rocket down low I bet.... You were having problems with hitting the rev limiter at WOT? What gears were you hitting the limiter in? The gearing isnt that big of a change considering it was 3.43 stock and now its only 3.69.... Its very weird you'd hit rev limiters because (at least on MAP/auto DOHCs) the shift points at WOT are MPH based, not RPM based. You should convert your car to MAP and then have a custom chip tuned for it. 8)

Also, what other mods do you have? Surely a tranny alone wont net you that good of a time.... or will it? :shock:

what who has a bullet proof t460e tranny out now my custom motor blew a new 284 tranny today i need something that can take all that hp and torque but i still haven't found one yet some one help me out with a link here i need one :?

So is the ASG tranny allready at 3.69? Or was that "what you wanted"

BTW, i just looked at DP's site. They now have their "bullet proof" 4T60-E out.

I ordered the 3.69s. The bulletproof one is what I have.

Ya, that high stall and gearing makes that thing a rocket down low I bet.... You were having problems with hitting the rev limiter at WOT? What gears were you hitting the limiter in? The gearing isnt that big of a change considering it was 3.43 stock and now its only 3.69.... Its very weird you'd hit rev limiters because (at least on MAP/auto DOHCs) the shift points at WOT are MPH based, not RPM based. You should convert your car to MAP and then have a custom chip tuned for it. 8)

Also, what other mods do you have? Surely a tranny alone wont net you that good of a time.... or will it? :shock:

You don't notice it too much with a normal street start. When you stall it up and launch you do notice it more. (Yes it shoots out quite nice) I hit the limiter in both if I hold it at WOT. I'm working on getting a chipped reprogrammed for the gear change and yes mine are also based on mph.

My mods are removed snorkel from air box, drop in k&n filter, slp iat module, R42LTSM plugs gapped at .048" and the trans. I went on a gamblers night so the track was glued.

When I launched I was in shock since it hooked and just took off like I've never experienced with it. :D

Oops I forgot I have a 180* thermostat.

Cool, thanks for the more info. I had always wondered how they were on the street; taking off from lights, etc. Normal day to day driving isnt affected? At what % throttle (give or take) does it start to stall higher? Do you get tons of wheelspin w/ it stalling that high now? Who is working on your chip? As far as I know, its damn near impossible to reprogram that ECM. Anyways, now you gotta get a cold air intake, ud pulley, and exhaust to make that thing really scream on the top end. :D

i can get anyone on here a gm stall converter for 140$ not shipped, i can get anywhere from 1200 to 2800 stall. i have the 2800 in mina and it brake stalls higher than 2800. and anyone can get a diff from the junkyard. i was supposed to call today for dykz34, but i ran outta time with school and the dealer so i will tommorow for you dude.

yah i doubt you blew a 284, i raced the hell outta my motor/tranny, and its still fine.

You should reword that.... your TRANNY is fine.

i was supposed to call today for dykz34, but i ran outta time with school and the dealer so i will tommorow for you dude.

Thats cool, just lemme know what/when you find out. :)