Hello From Michigan!

urbex

Hey guys! Just wanted to introduce myself! My name is Eric, I live in Frankenmuth, MI. I'm in the Flint area all the time, so I also consider that my town as well, since I'm going to school there too. Speaking of school, I'm finishing up my associates degree for photography this spring at Mott Community College, and then starting in the fall I'll be going to U of M Flint for Mechanical Engineering. Other than cars, my big hobby would be photography, and urban exploration.

Now for the cars... I have a few to mention.

First off, is my truck. 1983 Chevy Scottsdale. My dad bought it in 1994, and drove it daily until I turned 16 in 2005 and was given it as my first vehicle.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3525&d=1299022105

After a year of driving that, in 2006 I decided that I needed something that got better gas mileage, and had a/c, and it was nice to not have to subject it to the harsh salt they use around here in the winter. So, I bought a 1999 Chevy Lumina from a co-worker. It was in decent shape at the time, but because I take such good care of my cars, and thankfully my dad has a heated garage for me to wash weekly in the winter it really stands out! Just a little rust where the bumper meets the rear quarters on each side, and some on the rocker panels. No holes, and it's not major. Nothing has even come through yet, but I keep sanding and repainting spots to keep it at bay.:

attachment.php?attachmentid=3524&d=1299021915attachment.php?attachmentid=3530&d=1299023680

And after driving that a few years, I decided back in 2009 that I wanted to get something newer. I bought a 2006 Chevy HHR (I had always wanted an orange one since they came out!!!) But, since the HHR isn't great in the snow and I needed a reason to keep the Lumina since it's a great car but not worth enough to sell I only drive the HHR in the summer, and the Lumina to school and through the winter.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3523&d=1299021801

Obviously, I'm here because of the Lumina, as it's the only W-body I own...but I still felt like sharing what else I own. I am an active member on another forum, for my HHR and it is fun and there is tons of info to learn. I love my Lumina, and I hope to learn lots of great stuff from this site, and share a lot of info if I can!

Edited by urbex

Thanks everyone! Just don't look too close at the truck... Remember, it was a DD for over 23 years! It's got some rust, but we've repainted it quite a few times over the years to help keep it looking good!:thumbsup: It's about due for some repainting this year though, mostly along the bottom dark blue. Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

I work in Clio, and live in Flint (right off of the miller rd I-75 exit). Welcome, and if you need any help with anything gimme a shout

Thanks!:thumbsup: Glad to see other locals!

As for the camera, all of them with the exception of the black and white of the Lumina were with a Nikon D5000. The black and white of the Lumina was a Nikon D40X. Various lenses for each of the different pictures.

Welcome! Nice cars, they all look super clean

You'll rarely find my car dirty!!!!:lol:

I know Angela Metevia used to work there, and Joe Huff did as well. Joe doesn't work at Old Navy anymore, but Angela still does.

Welcome, ive been up to Frankenmuth a few times, Love seeing people join when you know where they are, Makes the world seem small. But yea nice looking vehicles you have there.

Welcome, I am in Milan on the weekends... If you ever need a car to do a photoshoot on, shoot me a PM, I would like to have that done again

Yeah that'd be fun to do sometime!