ATTENTION - Factory CD Player Experts

raymire59

I know it's not a w-body, but I've got a '95 Century I use as a daily driver, and I was wondering if anyone here knew of a factory CD player that would fit & be "plug and play".Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just curious as to why not simply go aftermarket? You can get a decent cd-player for pretty cheap nowadays and the wiring and install kit is available at walmart..

but.. Doing a quick google search.. I think you have a double-din stereo and anything from like 94-03 will possibly work depending on the factory stereo option in the donor car. I bet the stock radio out of my '03 Century would hook right up.. I'd sell it to you for cheap too, but its a Cassette deck... .. (I know, I did the same thing... A cassette deck, In 2003 :think:) :lol:

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/1990-to-1996-buick-century-5.htm?photo=1675441#toptab

Din 1.5

No such luck on quality swappable radios(the proper type CD radio is 99% defect). The best and Closest radio that you might be able to use would be the chevy radios from 95+ models, including the Lumina and Monte Carlo, but they might not have mounts anything like what your car needs...

Added one of these radios to my sister's Century, and you can use one from a 95-99 Monte/Lumina/Blazer or anything that had those. Two things to note:

The mounts are different. I rigged it up with band-iron and screwed to the mounts on the radio, then from there to the mounts in the car. Used existing screws.

The radios with the little fan on the back will NOT fit. I tried, had to steal the radio out of one of my Luminas that didn't have it and it sat perfect. I wish I had access to the car I'd take some pics of the install. Maybe I'll go over one of these days and snap one for you.

Easy install, overall. I did have an aftermarket CD player in it, but it was annoying how far out of the dash it stuck.

Thanks for all the replies. Just looking for something factory that wouldn't stick out. I know these were eventually offered with a CD player (seen a couple advertised as having factory CD players), but I think they're pretty rare. Was looking for a common substitute. Thanks again for the info.

There are places online that sell factory radios...last year, I bought a NEW factory AM/FM/Cassette/CD for my '95 Cutlass, it cost me $150.00--it even had "OLDSMOBILE" on the face.

Since my car is a convertible, I wanted to retain the factory look, and didn't want to have someone slicing the top open to steal an aftermarket stereo.

If you don't want the aftermarket radio to stick out you could make your own dash kit for it. That's one of the projects I have planned for the near future. Take some flat plastic (or plexiglass is what I'm using :dance: ) and cut the radio hole out in it, then cut around said hole to fill the stock radio hole, glue mounts on if needed, PROFIT!