Shortbus 4T65-E

Night Fury

This thing's retarded, I swear. I never really experience slipping or anything but the thing is just sluggish and clunky. The 05 never acted like this....

My main issue is with its downshifting.... especially on the highway. Say I'm going 70-75 and I give it about half-3/4 throttle and drop it into third OR pinning it dropping it into second, it will rev up a bit then clunk/slam into that gear a good 3+ seconds after the throttle change...............

Any ideas? I'll get a video sometime if necessary...

I have changed the fluid and filter, level is fine, it has always done this. I have put over 10,000 miles on it and it hasn't changed for the worse or anything...

• 5 weeks later...

You have a SES light on bud!

Take care of that issue (at least see what it is) and check for stored or pending codes. You may have a trans code in there.

Also, when you did the trans pan drop, did you put Dex6 back in it? And by Dex6, I don't mean Walmart's Super-Tech shit:lol:

Also, I wonder if the trans shifting quirkyness is in the PCM code... Maybe get a tuned PCM in there as see if things are better.

SES light is for low catalytic converter efficiency (High flow cat)

And yes I put dex 6 back in, and when I say dex 6, I mean Walmart's Super-Tech shit:lol: