My Leaf Springs are cracking. Where do get new ones?

MommyTaz022200

I'm not sure which side is cracking, my ex is fixing the things my husband screwed up. He's also checking everything else over to make sure our son is in a safe ride. He told me today that one of the leaf springs is cracking. Is this normal? Is there a spacific kind that won't crack? Where do I find a replacement that's fairly inexpensive, but decent? (I'm beyond broke) Do I need to replace both of them or just the cracking one? (Ex said if one's cracked the other one isn't far behind, is this true?)

My ex also said I need new bushings for the leaf springs. Do those come with new Springs? If not where do I get them?

Ok. Maybe they aren't leaf springs, but I got my car back home and something is definatly broken.

434980_10.jpg

434980_11.jpg

If that's not called a leaf spring, could someone please tell me what it is called so I can get one that's not broken?

It's a leaf spring, but it's transverse. It goes from left to right, you have to replace the entire assembly. Looks like that one needs replaced real soon or your car will be badly tilted.