Upper/Lower intake manifold gaskets

karrkrazzie

Mostly done, got to figure out how to flush my cooling system tomorrow, something I should know how to do but have never done before, and change the oil and she will be up and running... Just hoping everything works right and no leaks

Alright... questions problems and concerns

I flushed the coolant and i screwed up draining it so i only got 3.75quarts or so of straight coolant in to however much water there is, system is what i believe to be full, usually I could fix this soon enough, or try to, but it is going to be down to 20 here tonight with a good wind, I really hope that I am going to be okay. Will be testing it in about a half hour when it cools down...

Had a really ruff time getting the car to idle right, the cable that connects next to the throttle cable got un-adjusted when i took it off and wasnt cooperating very much. Car idles at about 1250 or so when not at gear and right at 1000 while in gear, does that sound about right?

Then there is the "bogging" issue which isnt very present at all. When you hit the gas all is well and the car acts fine, no hesitation or nothing, but when i was driving it home I would go about half throttle till it shifted into second then let off, and there was just minor hesitation, exact same type of "bogging" i would get when adjusting the idle and it would get too low, as soon as you hit the gas, the problem is solved<<<<< I have no idea at all or if this problem may just fix itself, i am totally clueless

Good news is there is not yet any evidence of leaks but who knows. I am just nervous about these other issues right now.

just tested coolant and even with only 3.75 quarts of straight coolant to however much water, it tested good to -22 so tomorrow I will drain the radiator and and fill it back up with straight coolant again and I should be good to go<<<<< Just becuase I keep finding different things what is the capacity on the cooling system????