Door handles

19Cutlass94

So I broke the handle on the Cutlass the other day. How hard of a job is this? Ive never done it before. I looked at it and it doesnt look too bad to do. Any tips or tricks?

--Jason

Very easy. 3 screws hold the cover plate on. Then are are two nuts that hold that door handle on. You will need to remove the linkage from the handle. It's a small clip that just slides on and off. Then you need a torx (forget the size, but its kinda big) to take off the lock from the handle.

Then just put back together.

Have your window's down/keys in your pocket, before you close the door in case the rods are out of adjustment. That way you can easily adjust.

• 3 months later...

Hey b4 you install them take some sandpaper and round off the part that makes contact with the lever looking thing with the weight at the bottom. Just enough to take the edge off. Ive replaced my drivers side about 3 times and since i did this it works perfect. Works for any pillar mounted dor handled car. wish i could take some pictures but i dont have a camera.

• 2 weeks later...

Just Replaced mine today...Only one 1st gen grand prix at the junkyard and of course that handle was gone....went over to the Cutlasses and Buicks...Got one!

not much to it.... and 10 bucks got that done!!

Whos been to Kentucky striping Gp's ...The GP did have a couple crosslasses on it though :biggrin: