I'm painting the 91 on sunday!!!!!

Night Fury

Looks about like I expected.

Looks like you started and stopped spraying while on top of the panel. Key to no blotches and dark spots it to have continuous, even spray the whole length. Start and stop before you even touch the panel and after you've passed the panel. Yes, you waste paint. But looks better.

Next to impossible..... My back and shoulder is still hurting as it is, let alone doing that. I did go the full length as much as possible though.

I don't think the wheels are spray bombed....

6 cans of clear

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Night Fury

• AL

• jeremy

• Breakdown

Those wheels were that color when I got them... I did nothing with them

They don't belong to that car, I can tell you that much. I would suspect that something may have been done to them.

What he is saying is from 91-94 if you had a gray interior you had silver wheels if you had tan you got gold wheels, your car had a tan interior initially therefore it DOES compute that it has gold wheels.

It didn't come out too bad, the color is beautiful. Is it me or it's quite close to one of the OEM paints at lighter angles? :P

It's much better than red and black anyway.

The wheel color/interior color correlation is not entirely true.

http://www.copart.com/c2/homeSearch.html?_eventId=getLot&execution=e1s7&lotId=19034920&returnPage=SEARCH_RESULTS - Gold wheels, gray interior

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php?vin=1G2WJ12M6SF279682 - Annnnnd the Compnine report for the proof.

14B TRIM COMBINATION - CLOTH, GRAY (14B)

52P WHEEL COLOR,GOLD METALLIC (52P)

:thumbsup:

The wheel color/interior color correlation is not entirely true.

http://www.copart.com/c2/homeSearch.html?_eventId=getLot&execution=e1s7&lotId=19034920&returnPage=SEARCH_RESULTS - Gold wheels, gray interior

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php?vin=1G2WJ12M6SF279682 - Annnnnd the Compnine report for the proof.

14B TRIM COMBINATION - CLOTH, GRAY (14B)

52P WHEEL COLOR,GOLD METALLIC (52P)

:thumbsup:

What he is saying is from 91-94 if you had a gray interior you had silver wheels if you had tan you got gold wheels, your car had a tan interior initially therefore it DOES compute that it has gold wheels.

I realize that a TGP automatically had the gold wheels, but no other ones allowed you to mix and match until 1995.

And I think that's actually indicated in one of the 1995 brochures. It states something to the effect of: "For the first time you can order grey rims on a tan interior or gold rims on a grey/charcol interior. (No idea how seafoam interior worked), so Chris is right . . . . I've trained him well.

Those combinations such as the one shown by Jay are rare because practically no dealerships actually ordered them this way, it was more of a custom order thing, and secondly because as far as x-laces were concerned 1995 was a shortened year to begin with.

The x-laces in the picture look tampered with because they look way too orange to me that's actually why I thought that they may have been silver ones spray-bombed.

Edited by Breakdown

The x-laces in the picture look tampered with because they look way too orange to me that's actually why I thought that they may have been silver ones spray-bombed.

There are two different gold colors on the older xlaces(and two different manufacturers - Alcoa & Enkei) for what it's worth.

you might have to wetsand it before you can buff it. I cant imagine that the spray can left a good enough finish where buffing will make a difference

I did.

Step 1: Have mismatched coloured car.

Step 2: Spray bomb entire car spending $300+.

Step 3: Sell car in spraybombed condition that no one wants.

Step 4: Profit??

I'm kidding Buck, although I might not be far from reality. I love the fact that you took the plunge and to be honest I like (love) the look from the pics, just the even-ness of colour etc. . . . You should really keep the GTP. Plus, you'll make BGA happy.

Either that or . . . . sell to Anthony, Anthony trades it to Josh for PS3 plus games + money + wing man to helps Anthony get secks. Josh then trades it back to Anthony for $100 Subway card, $400 and beat up '94 GTP with '92 dash, and then Anthony sells it back to you for $800 and then BGA buys it back for $850.

That poor car. It didn't deserve this...

It didn't deserve new paint? It didn't deserve rust protection? I don't understand your logic............ But thanks for the snide comment anyways.

Anyone who has seen the old paint knows that Buck did this car justice...

Faded/oxided >blotchy metallic rattlecan job. It would probably have sold quicker before the paint job too.