• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Night Fury

• AL

• jeremy

• Breakdown

That price also includes sandpaper(which I'll have plenty left over), a can trigger(also may use again for asst projects eventually), and 1000 sqft of plastic dropcloth which I will FOR SURE use in the future, I only used about 200sqft.

Buck,

I swear . . . if you do this right and make your car look all pro.

It will be the biggest single accomplishment for the betterment of all of our lives (everyone not just the W-body community) by a gay person . . . . ever.

. . . . no pressure though. Do your best.

So far, so good!!

It's 'done'. I'm not super satisfied with the results, I would've had to get like 10 more cans of blue to make it not splotchy. Very hard to blend. Regardless, I got clear on it, and after a buffing it should look pretty darn decent. I'll buff tomorrow. I do have a few pics as it sits now, I'll post them in a half hour or so.

Can you buy Rustoleum by the gallon? I've read on other forums that people have good results using this thing:

http://www.harborfreight.com/high-volume-low-pressure-spray-gun-kit-44677.html

I've read the secret is to use more reducer than the paint calls for, because for some reason these turbine type HVLP setups need more reducer than air compressor+HVLP gun.

Looks about like I expected.

Looks like you started and stopped spraying while on top of the panel. Key to no blotches and dark spots it to have continuous, even spray the whole length. Start and stop before you even touch the panel and after you've passed the panel. Yes, you waste paint. But looks better.

Metalics are tough to work with, solids you can just keep laying it on till it's uniform. Did you wind up using 7 cans of clear too? When I did my door I wanted to make sure I had enough on there that I could compound it down a little later on so I did 4 color + 4 clear.