• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Night Fury

• AL

• jeremy

• Breakdown

Its a 19 year old front wheel drive v6 with almost 200k miles? Why does it matter if the door jams are painted?

Thank you, exactly.

Because a blue car with red door jambs will look like complete ass.

I don't think you know just how bad the paint is on this car...

If you think it looks bad now...

do the budget paint job "right" or don't do it at all, JMO

Oh trust me, it's BADD. It would look better with a thin coat of primer.

If it's not going to be one colour anyway, why bother painting it in the first place? Colour changes just look bad if areas like the door jams are missed.
Agreed.

Have you seen the car lately?????? Last I checked, it IS two colors, and they are in VERY poor shape.

ANYWAYS I don't want this to become a bitch fit, and I AM going to paint it, so don't bother trying to convince me not to. Just convince me to do jambs, which I'll probably do anyways.

damn I wish there was a easy way to trade you trunklids. I hate my spoiler holes so much, I'd even give you the spoiler too.

Quite a coincidence, I'd love to have a spoiler.

I'd be happy to get a quote today......?

my paint isn't a worry. have a friend of a friend that will paint my truck for free if i do the body work first. he even supplies the paint and he does show cars.

Keep in mind I am BROOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEE so while I can get a quote today, I can't ship til thurs. If the quote is decent, any chance you could ship today or tomorrow so I get it in time?

I painted a bike that exact color before. That should say my opinion of it.

Me wants before during and after shots!

Also are you pulling stuff that's easy to pull before shooting? I.E. bumpers, hood, trunk, fenders? (idk if they come off easy or not; mine wont =/ ) CLADDING?

I painted a bike that exact color before. That should say my opinion of it.

Me wants before during and after shots!

Also are you pulling stuff that's easy to pull before shooting? I.E. bumpers, hood, trunk, fenders? (idk if they come off easy or not; mine wont =/ ) CLADDING?

Did the color turn out ok?

I would honestly try to pull the cladding; when I painted a door for my GP I left the cladding on and over time the cladding pulled the paint off of the door.

Anyhow I was very happy with the color, but the bike didn't live long enough for me to enjoy it; broke the derailleur shortly after reassembly. Actually I think I still have a can left somewhere, maybe I should do some accents on my car...:shrug:

One time back in 2004 it was a hot summer's night in Toronto and there was this thing with ethnic foods and really good discounts to get us to try them out, so I went out with a couple of friends, and we hit up a place in the Italian district.

Anyhow, upon leaving we stumbled upon a large group that had assembled, you would have thought that someone had collapsed or something, but this guy from the street suddenly set up shop on the sidewalk with about 20 spray paint cans and started making the most wonderful art!

I, and all sorts of other on-lookers watched in amazement as this guy with a piece of paper (bristol board) as his canvas went about spraying and using the caps as shields to produce rings and other junk and a few other things that would be found in his pocket made the most wonderful art. It was all outer-space inspired stuff, planets, revese-backwards stairs. Countless things, I wanted to buy one of his works, but then the police showed up and chased him off. Still disappointed.

If I were to spray bomb a car, I would get a guy like that to do it, is the message that I'm conveying here. You might even be able to sneak a small and subtle calling card on the car to get a cheap rate.

That's just me though.

I've seen one guy do that in person in Vancouver, I think there are some YouTube videos of similar works too. It's incredible to watch.

Afterwards though a couple came up to him and asked if he'd paint their plane. :lol:

i like Rich's suggestion... i've only seen that type of art on teh webz, but damn do they seem to turn out great. it would be interesting to see a mobile version.