What kind of exhaust tips should I get

Drummer

Well I actually know what I want as far as round or square and I want square Just not sure how many types there are. I have only seen a couple and their ok but not better than stock. And if ya feel like doing some photoshoping here's a pic.

post-1124-143689051973_thumb.jpg

LOL, those gigantic squares might cause a ricer-type resonating wave. look cool, since they actually fit the shape perfectly, but IDK.... tips can make or break an exhaust.

the bottom one would actually fit since it's the same contour as the stock tips now, but they're not as tall as the stock ones, and if i got the ones on the top i would have to change my mufflers since they're offset.

Edited by Drummer

Keep shopping around. You can get 304SS tips like those two you posted for around $50-60/each without an issue. I can point you to a place that has the camaro style tips. On a quick search, I wasn't able to come up with the dual square outlet ones, it seems a few companies have dropped those from their lineups because they used to be very commonly available(a guy here with a TGP had some a few years back).

The camaro tips: http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=1021_1034_1058&osCsid=43eb09a77bcc506ac5aabaacc7087b82 If you're interested in those, search the name and part # on ebay, you may find a deal on them.

EDIT: Here are some dual outlet square exhaust tips on ebay for $28 each w/ free shipping. The ends are slant cut instead of straight though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-1-4-SQUARE-SLANTED-STAINLESS-STEEL-EXHAUST-TIP-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem414cd5d929QQitemZ280461957417QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Edited by mfewtrail

That ebay seller I linked to apparently has straight cut square tips too, but the item pictured in the auction that says "straight" is the same slash cut square tip that I linked to above.

I'm gonna go with the dual square tips, just not sure if it should be rolled or straight edge. I want rolled but the ones on ebay are slanted before they're rolled. Why do I have to be so picky lol.

Edited by Drummer

what he said i quit polishing my tips on my car and really regret it and they are gm c6 corvette tips

Really? Those are stainless aren't they? I literally haven't touched my stainless tips in probably a year and they still look great(minus the 2 times I backed in and scraped them on the curb the slightest bit)

im gonna go try some mag alluminum polish real quick i will tell you what happens

edit

mothers mag alluminum polish is the shit lol

Edited by jake91