Matches and Fire should do the trick.

Addicted to eaton

Is it time to park it? And just call the car a flop? I'm stuck in a crossroads, Its a car i love. Its the passion i have for it, every time i hear the the 90cc generation 3 M90 Eaton supercharger scream to life, Looking at the boost bar jumping its way to full psi in a split second, The jab of the accelerator and the car Screams until its let up on. Its the feeling i get when the power band of the motor is pushing me back in my seat. It makes me feel like a little kid on a swing. But yet all its bringing to me is pain and crushing dreams.

I have drove it for 1,157 Miles. And here is what I have into it.

$700 For car -300 I found in cash bonds.

$1077.10 For struts, Brakes, A-arm, all 4 bushing, LIM gaskets, 4 new tires,

$2300, In parts for the motor, 3.4 pulley and hub, with 3.25, 3.0, 2.8. and 2.6 pulleys, sx1 cam, Gaskets, Heads checked, SD Headers, JP Single Roller Timing Set, GM Timing Chain Tensioner, Manley Titanium Valve spring Retainers, ls6 springs, Belts, Coolant elbow’s, vacuum lines etc,

2,000$ for Front bumper, Hood, Both fenders, 2 head lights, raid, Condenser, Hid’s, Turn signal housing, Kicker speakers, Kicker sub, 2 kicker amps, jvc head unit.

After the rebuild

ICM went bad – Replaced with spare

One coil went bad- Replace with spare

Gas tank got ripped- Replaced with spare

cat-back to d/p connector broke bolts

water pump went bad - took three pumps to get it not leaking.

Raidiator had a hole in it. replaced with new.

replaced the motor mount again (blew it Quick)

Now it has appeared to me i have anti-freeze in my oil, that boils down to a blown head gasket, i was 8 bolts away!! why didn't i change it!?! Its so hard to even want to tear it down again. I don't know if i can take it. After i seen the oil in that shape. i look at him and said "Im not doing it, ill take it to the junkyard" But there is something about this i cant just give up, let it get the better of me, I guess im more or less venting, i don't know if i can take much more.

Its to the point of what do i do? Do i just part it out and start over? Do i pull the motor take the performance parts out and look for a diffrent car. This car almost is Beging me to kill it, Like it does not want to be around.

Honestly i want to know if you were in my shoes what would you do? I have the Kia to DD if i need to, and the goat is there to DD also, even though i would really like to not do that.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Addicted to eaton

• Night Fury

• GP1138

• RobertISaar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Absolutely fix it. No question! Thats a part of owning a car and wanting to keep it nice for a while.. If you just start with another, you'll find yourself doing it all over again.

im not asking for something like that. Im asking IF IT WAS YOU, Would you fix it again? keep in mind i have drove this car 1,157 miles. and had it for less then 6 months. i have not drove it 300 miles since the 2300 i Just put in the fucking motor.

In my never-ending quest to fix the TGP, sometimes I find it helps to put it out of sight/out of mind for a couple of weeks. It's easy to want to throw in the towel after you've put in so much time and energy into it, and the car just turns around and shits on you. Let your mind clear for a bit and then look into again in a few days/weeks.

In my never-ending quest to fix the TGP, sometimes I find it helps to put it out of sight/out of mind for a couple of weeks. It's easy to want to throw in the towel after you've put in so much time and energy into it, and the car just turns around and shits on you. Let your mind clear for a bit and then look into again in a few days/weeks.

^^Was gonna suggest the same thing

i think i have a new plan If its really a head gasket. (almost sure it is, But i got to have hope) . Ill pull the motor out of the burnt 1999 i got. And ill clean it all up and slap new gaskets in it. and put it in my green 99. Is it possible that i could have a crack inside the block causing a leak? Remember this block was froze be for i decided to pull it and put it,build it. and put it in this.

I'd fix it. You have a lot of money in it. That'd be pretty much the same as flushing nearly 3 grand. Maybe the engine from the blown 99 would be a better route. But by all means don't destroy something you love.

who knew he was serious about the matches just saw this on face book with the quote "i let it burn all my problems are gone now"47080_10150272412485026_503215025_14672451_7669845_n.jpg

WHAT THE FUCK ANTHONY!!! WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU SET ALL THAT ON FIRE !!!!!!:facepalm:

DUDE YOU NEED FUCKING HELP!!

Edited by jake91

shit started going wrong. i lost my temper. Who cares i fucking hate this car! MY problems are all gone now.. Had to move the truck right after the pic lol

Edited by Addicted to eaton

after getting numbers lower then 40psi in cyl 1, 3,and 5. i threw in the towl (match) and called the car a flop. Im sick of it. everyday it was something new. ill Walk away this time and getting a diff gtp.

after getting numbers lower then 40psi in cyl 1, 3,and 5. i threw in the towl (match) and called the car a flop. Im sick of it. everyday it was something new. ill Walk away this time and getting a diff gtp.

So you roasted it in your garage?

it was meant to be a joke. It also had a leaky fuel injector. I was doing something i had did 10 times be for. Light the gas pool on fire. with a match, it always gets a good shock out of your friends. Just to laugh and say you didnt really think i would set it on fire did you? and blow it out with my air hose. This time there was a bigger problem. The valve on my air compressor was shut off so it wouldnt leak down (had not been in my shop for a few days) So i dropped the hose and picked up a rag. But The rag i used was soaked in Carb cleaner Not even 10 min befor (removeing paint form my tail lights) and well it set fire. just kinda freaked out. my next thought was move the truck, get the car out of the shop. While my friend and i did that. josh took pictures.