man what,s the deal? anyone L67 swap to 96 cutty?

jtwmechanic

that would be awsome! i am the only w-body guru in at least 150 mile radius. sucks. i have a complete shop with tons and tons of tools, welder, cutting torches ect.......... been in the automotive repair business for almost 10 years now. but just recently aquired the taste for more involved street rodding. anyone can put a 350 in an old car or truck but it takes real devotion and time to modify a fuel injected computer contolled rig. i work on anything from 39 -09 and more. i just use a simple hand held to pull codes, haven't yet gotten into tuning. my personal vehicle is 91 s-10 ext. cab 4x4. i lifted it 4" to accomodate 33x12.50's. stuck a 5.7 TBI engine in it with a full size NV 5-speed and np241 transfer w/custom driveshafts. and of course 4:11 gears w/locker. it's the baddest freak'n s-10 around here! and now i am going to have the baddest W-BODY too! what is next you might ask your self? well how about converting a w-body into a 5.7 liter vortec rear wheel driven car? once i get through this wiring on my cutty i will have a great knowledge base on converting harnesses and will make future swaps alot easier.

• 1 month later...

ok. i can not get my pcm to turn on my fuel pump or open the injectors any ideas? it will run on starting fluid but not on its own even with the pump hot wired to run

Sounds like the PCM is in tamper mode.. i.e security issues.

Are you getting the fuel enable signal from your antitheft module to PCM Conn C1 Pin 55. Its a Dark Blue wire, circuit 229.

Also, check to see if the injectors are getting power in Start/Run

i was thinking it was security related also. could a relearn on the vats possibly correct this? i check the inj's and the fuel enable wire and be right back.

is there something about the 97 sc pcm's i should know? seems like i remember hearing that they were a bitch in the security department.

ok, pin 55 has the vehicle speed sensor output in it, should i remove it and put the fuel enable back in pin 55, if so where does the vss output go? and the inj's are hot in run and start with no pulse.

lol, yeah, Pin 55 of the C1 needs the fuel enable signal. The VSS High (yellow) goes on Conn C1 Pin 6, VSS Low (Purple) goes on Conn C1 Pin 47

That would cause the injector no pulse issue

well, you live and learn! looks like i will be using a 98 grand prix pcm instead, that should fix the problem, there are to many wiring differences between the 97 pcm and the later pcm's to try to make it work. look at the 97 schematic at the conn 1 and 2 pinouts and you'll see, completely different from later pcm's. it would be a nightmare to match the 97 pcm to the 98 harness!!!!!!

Yeah, Didnt I say somehting aboot not using 97 PCMs due to some wiring when I was originally gonna use a GTP PCM??

It wouldnt be a nightmare, just a damn near complete repinning. Then again, my wiring skills are prolly quite different from yours (no offense)

98-99 PCMs still had a decent amount of change, but IIRC much less repinning needed and the wiring was a bit more correct.

yeah, that's what i was saying earlier. setting up the harness to work with the 98 pcm should be a breeze, actually i think i pretty much have it already. trying to repinn the harness to run the 97 pcm isn't that bad either, but the extra security on it makes it almost impossible to wire around. unless you have a solution less reflashing it? and considering i have been running my own mechanic shop for 9 years, but have never had the opportunity to go to school for anything related to it or have a high tech scanner i think i do pretty good, i have fixed everthing that has ever entered my shop, but until doing this swap i have never had to exercise my wiring skills this much. the most technical swap i have done until this was a tuned port motor in place of a tbi.

finally this son of a bitch is alive and running, sounds good to here something wine other than my old lady. i guess i need to get the e vap codes eliminated because there is a code 449 and 452, but i also have a code 300 (random multiple misfire) and it really does not want to idle but smooths out with a little rpm. any ideas?

The P0300 can be triggered by the boost solenoid not opening at idle for one. Its allowing boost at idle. Check your fuel trims at idle and see where they are at.

all it was was a vacum leak, fixed it code gone, runs fucking awsome! swap done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!end thread. thanks for your support Bob. by the way i ended up usng the pcm from a 2000 gtp.