man what,s the deal? anyone L67 swap to 96 cutty?

jtwmechanic

i am getting the feeling that either me or my project is disliked. been waiting for info from what is supposed to be the best w-body site on the internet for my W-BODY car (96 cutty) and yet it has been almost two weeks since my first post on this. i guess no one here has actually done the L67 swap into a 96 cutty their self. the mechanicals are a breeze, but i have never repinned a harness before and was needing some insight.

96 cutlass suporeme 2dr

97 l67 (3800 SUPERCHARGED)

99 3800 monte-carlo engine harness

97 TGP pcm

attaching the harness to the engine and wiring in the extra plugs for like the boost valve i got. repinning the c1 and c2 pcm connectors i also got. where do my fans pin in my pcm? and i still need to do my fuse box wiring (3800 monte fuse box) and i still need to repin my c-100 firewall plug.

don,t get me wrong, i respect everyone here and don't expect you all to jump at my post but would someone who has any experience in this please help out at least a little.

Have you been to motorswap.org yet? They have a comprehensive list of parts you'll need and instructions for this exact swap; an L67 into a 1st gen W-body.

Head over there and look everything over. I wish I could help, but I personally haven't yet done this swap.

yes i have and they have been very responsive to my post. lots of good info there. i have gotten some good info here too, but nothing in great detail about wiring.

just to make sure you know all the details. this is a 96 cutty 2dr obd II, swapping in 1997 l67 w/ 97 pcm (same as tgp), and i am using the 99 monte 3800 harness to wire it up. i could really use the C-100 plug diagrams for all three and maybe the engine harness fuse box diagram from the monte and olds. and thanks for helping out. i think i'll post a how to on this when i am done considering all the labor has been done by me solo and i will know this swap inside and out when i am done.

does 97-up not use a C100? i can't find diagrams for it... found some C101 and C103 stuff that looks like it carries the equivalent data though.

EDIT: seems the C100 is a gen1 and 1.5 only thing...

Edited by RobertISaar

thanks for the diagrams. for some reason i can't unzip the file, i am going to find out why right now. my 96 cutty is definetly obd II identified by the J1962 port and the obd II style pcm. the 99 MC has the same fire wall plug as my 96 cutty. i also have a 95 cutty and a 95 sc riviera which are both obd I or maybe obd 1.5. i thought that obd 1.5 was just like obd 1 with the exception that 1.5 had some of the updated obd II codes for ho2 sensors and such. please correct me if i am wrong i hate having bad info.

OBD 1.5 refers to a partial implementation of OBD-II which General Motors used on some vehicles in 1994 and 1995 (GM did not use the term OBD 1.5 in the documentation for these vehicles - they simply have an OBD and an OBD-II section in the service manual.)

For example, the 94-95 Corvettes have one post-catalyst oxygen sensor (although they have two catalytic converters), and have a subset of the OBD-II codes implemented. For a 1994 Corvette the implemented OBD-II codes are P0116-P0118, P0131-P0135, P0151-P0155, P0158, P0160-P0161, P0171-P0175, P0420, P1114-P1115, P1133, P1153 and P1158.[3]

This hybrid system was present on the GM H-body cars in 94-95, W-body cars (Buick Regal, 94 Buick LeSabre, Chevrolet Lumina ('95 only), Chevrolet Monte Carlo ('95 only), Pontiac Grand Prix, Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme) in 94-95, L-body (Chevrolet Beretta/Corsica) in 94-95, Y-body (Chevrolet Corvette) in 94-95, on the F-body (Chevrolet Camaro and Pontiac Firebird) in 95 and on the J-Body (Chevrolet Cavalier and Pontiac Sunfire) and N-Body (Buick Skylark, Oldsmobile Achieva, Pontiac Grand Am) in 95.

Edited by jtwmechanic

thanks for the diagrams. for some reason i can't unzip the file, i am going to find out why right now.

guaranteed to work in 7-zip. anything else might not like it though.

and your point besides derailing this one is? i beleive that would be the job of the moderators to deside. and the other two threads did not grab any attention, obviously because you didn,t replie to those. do you have any info that applies to this subject on L67 swaps?

the purpose of the forum is to discuss w-body related subjects, not to discuss how many times a discussion has taken place. i thank all the others especiallly robertisaar, addicted to eaton, and any others who posted useful info for this swap. sorry if it took 3 threads and a little bitchin to get the info i was needing.

Your PCM is not a TGP PCM as TGP (Turbo Grand Prix) was an 89 and 90 model only... You might be thinking GTP which is the supercharged Grand Prix from 97-06... I am sure Robert can get you the PCM pinouts to tell you which ones are the fan wires

you ar exactly correct, my bad. my pcm is from a 97 GTP. service# 16227797 HDW# 16218060. comes back as pcm for supercharged 3800 model year 1997. thanks for the correction, i hate having bad info!

how about arkansas. the one the only searcy county USA. little bitty place outside littlerock. i am originally fro Cincinati OH moved here when I was 26 almost 13 years ago. why curious?

Edited by jtwmechanic

really, out of curiosirty why so curious? should be easy for you to find me. chillicothe mo. is real close to me.

Edited by jtwmechanic