Neighborhood cats..

Euro

this... does not work. they won't want do keep their pests inside just to make the neighbors happy. if they did the house likely gets sprayed and clawed up much like all the neighbors cars when they mark their domain.

it is hard to speak your mind on this topic without cat owners having negative tension towards you. no matter how tactful you are in bringing it up. once you do, even if someone else steals their cat, you will be suspect.

Yeah I agree, I'm not going to tell my next door neighbors to "keep your damn cats inside...they're scratching my car." Yeah, we don't know her and her kids very well, but the mom is nice...and they're really NEVER home so it wouldn't help anyway. The cat's going to get out somehow.

you gotta be careful if you shoot it with something while it's on your car. When most cats try to get away fast, they dig their claws into the surface they're on so they can get bettter traction. You might end up with deep scratches all over your car's paint.

this... does not work. they won't want do keep their pests inside just to make the neighbors happy. if they did the house likely gets sprayed and clawed up much like all the neighbors cars when they mark their domain.

it is hard to speak your mind on this topic without cat owners having negative tension towards you. no matter how tactful you are in bringing it up. once you do, even if someone else steals their cat, you will be suspect.

Tough shit? If they can't keep their "pets" in check, don't have them. I'm an animal lover but if that kept happening, ask the owners nicely first to keep their cats indoors. Secondly if that didn't work, I'd call animal control. If I saw them again.. BANG

inb4 :roll:

:flipa:

:roll:

:joke:

i wouldn't go so far as to shooting them myself, but animal control is a good option... they're damaging your property and their owners don't seem to give a shit, hell maybe you got a half-assed lawsuit with that alone?

Here's the deal...Take a large beach towel, quilt, or other thick cloth, lay on the hood, trunk, roof, wherever the cat likes to lay.

Then, there are TWO options on this next step:

Buy mouse/rat traps, placing them upside down on the towel or other thick cloth.

Buy mouse/rat traps, placing them RIGHT SIDE UP on the towel or other thick cloth.

Either way, kitty will be VERY eager to vacate the area when the first trap goes off...there's a good chance that kitty will set off some of the other traps in it's haste to leave...

Might even be worth putting a video camera up to tape the event...could be worth money on America's Funniest Home Videos...

how about a car cover? kinda tedious especially if your in and out alot. a dog would work if you could train it not to jump on the car also. motion sensor with electronic dog bark, hey i just thought of that!

You can get cat traps from the SPCA here in town. Catch the fuckin cat and take it down to them...and they'll hand it. Cat will most likely end up dead but who the fuck cares?

The upside down traps are how we got my wife's cat to keep off the kitchen counter/stove/table.

I don't mind having a cat inside, but can't stand them walking around on the food prep areas. We did this when she was a kitten. 7 years later, there's no problem.

The answer to all your cat problems....

Buy a dog... a big one... and only feed him enough to live, your cat problem will soon disappear!

I had a similar problem with cats coming up onto my patio a pissing all over my barbecue cover. So my buddy and i bought paintball guns and sat out on the patio for a few nights and shot the hell out off each cat that came around. after a week of doing that, it has been 2 years since my barbecue cover has been pissed on. The paint balls will not kill the cat but will sting them hard enough for them to think twice about coming around again. Plus the paint will just rinse off of anything you hit other then the cat.