Neighborhood cats..

Euro

Ok, so our next door neighbor has a few cats. 2 of them don't see the light of the outdoor world on their own, and the third spends pretty much most of her time outside. She is always over near us, begging for attention and/or food...and while she is cute, and one of the biggest personalities in a cat I've ever seen.

BUT, she loves to lay on the hoods of our cars when they sit outside. At first, I didn't mind...but now I'm seeing scratches from her paws from where she jumps up onto the fender and then onto the hood...as well as when she tries to slide down the fender to get off. It's more than slightly irritating now..especially when the car's clean and she has recently tromped through the dirt/flower beds :bash:

Any ideas on how I could keep her off of my car? I thought about laying out a MF towel or something to at least act as a layer, but I'd need a comforter sized towel to lay over both fenders and hood.

Black pepper around the car? Just a shot in the dark. I read that keeps cats out of your flower beds. Who knows.

Get a super soaker and apply as needed? This worked to train my dogs to stay off my leather couch! 2 years later they still fear the leather!

Apply a citrus scented wax to your car. Citrus repels cats therefore; one sniff and the cats will turn and go the opposite direction. If a brave cat decides to hop up onto your car then the wax will protect your car from paw prints. The citrus scent will prevent the cat from getting comfortable and chances are the cat will leave your car.

Deter cats by luring them to a catnip and grass garden. Once the cats discover the cat, sanctuary they will forget about your car.

Get a dog that doesn't like cats, and keep him in the front yard.

Put a leash on the cat???? :) :) Do send pictures in if you attempt this one!

I knew that was going to be a response lol. Only have airsoft..maybe that'd scare her enough? Nah

I'd give airsoft a try actually... it just might work. And if the cat's owners try to start some shit the airsoft might give you the upper hand because unlike brass BBs or real bullets it would probably be hard to make a valid accusation of "attempted cat murder".

be glad you only have cats.

my neighbors all have cats and the people 2 doors down feed a flock of about 50 ducks.

I want to airsoft the people who feed these pests.

Get a super soaker and apply as needed? This worked to train my dogs to stay off my leather couch! 2 years later they still fear the leather!

this should work beatifully... and is somewhat fun. sneaking up on a cat with a supersoaker with more power than your average garden hose is more than enough, but i would go a bit overboard to get the point across...

or hell, just use a hose and 'accidentally' wash the cat while you wash the car.

or hell, just use a hose and 'accidentally' wash the cat while you wash the car.

I've done that before and it seemed to work for the time being. She always jumps right off the car as soon as she sees anybody. Maybe I'll try the pepper or something like that for a smell.

Black pepper around the car? Just a shot in the dark. I read that keeps cats out of your flower beds. Who knows.

Apply a citrus scented wax to your car. Citrus repels cats therefore; one sniff and the cats will turn and go the opposite direction. If a brave cat decides to hop up onto your car then the wax will protect your car from paw prints. The citrus scent will prevent the cat from getting comfortable and chances are the cat will leave your car.

Deter cats by luring them to a catnip and grass garden. Once the cats discover the cat, sanctuary they will forget about your car.

Get a dog that doesn't like cats, and keep him in the front yard.

Put a leash on the cat???? :) :) Do send pictures in if you attempt this one!

Thanks Anthony. Thing is the car has 3 coats of wax on it from a couple months ago and her paws still left em. Granted they seem to be light, but still I can see them. The airsoft gun is my brother's so maybe I'll get him to help me. He hates the cat altogether haha.

Airsoft guns work great. We have three and use them anytime neighbor cats touched our front yard(they have at least 6) and they all seemed to get the hint. Plus it's fun as hell

Yeah the airsoft gun my brother has is just a little pistol. It wouldn't be from close range to hurt my car, but enough to actually make it over and hit/scare the cat...but not hurt her. I'm keeping a look out today to try the water idea first.

i have the same problem...except nobody owns the cats...they are dumped by somebody and they feed out of the dumpster at my apartment building...there are some nice scratches on my drivers quarter panel from one of those fuckers sliding down it...:mad:...but, yeah, the problem with trying to do something with the cat itself is they will most likely be on the car when nobody is around...if you figure out a sollution other than shooting them then let me know! lol!

I bought a medium size cage trap from harbor freight. $20 on sale I think. I caught one cat with it last time I used it. ended up being the one that kept getting on my black tgp last year when I was trying to paint it.

I just let the cat go way down the street.

seems like the most effective/least negative impact method that works for me. I figure if the owner had responsibility enough to identify this risk, they would keep the animal on their own property, or be at risk of it "running away".

Ohmygod. Yeah it was middle of winter and I guess his dad or a friend decided to put a dead cat on the hood..... it was GROSSSS!!!!!!!!! And hard!!!!