WOOT bought a new 96 LQ1 ...for cheap

GOT2B GM

Nice!

But this is posted in the wrong section... Lets face it, its going in your Fiero!

Jamie

:biggrin:

The LQ1 in a Fiero is pure awsomeness! I keep toying with the idea for mine...

• 2 weeks later...

Used. Not sure on miles, but they look good. You can have all of the lifters that I have if you just pay shipping. I'll get some pictures tonight, I just have to remember.

Yes, I have a 1996 3.4 harness (that I purchased but never took out of the box, came from whats his nuts in the Chicago area) and a 1997 LTZ (3800) PCM. From my understanding, a reflash of the PCM will do the trick, since they are the same P/N and all (got this info from the king of lugnuts himself haha). PM me an offer, and I'll probably take it, just to get it out of my garage. Be sure to include your postal code for shipping quote.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update, got this home last weekend, Picked it up just outside of Harrisburg. Also, visited with Chris and Shaun in Zelienople which is always a pleasure.

Will take pics once I get it mounted on my super kick ass $40 Harbor Freight engine stand this weekend.

Glad to see you stopped by Saint Marys!! hahahaha. No, that's cool. Glad that you were able to get the motor. Hopefully the PA roads weren't too hard on your dad's truck...

Glad to see you stopped by Saint Marys!! hahahaha. No, that's cool. Glad that you were able to get the motor. Hopefully the PA roads weren't too hard on your dad's truck...

Yeah I ended up taking I90 to I390 down to RT 15 in PA through Williamsport to Harrisburg. Then I76 from Harrisburg to Pittsburgh and I79 up to I90 then home.

The only real shitty roads were between the NY / PA border and Williamsport on RT15.

Yeah Kenton is top notch guy for sure.

Here's some pics unpacked out of the crate on the stand.

FYI: 88-93 Caliper bolts work perfect for mounting the engine to the stand.

Came with intake / exhaust gaskets, water pump, knock sensors, cam sensors, crank sensor, auto flywheel.....

Underneath is a manual flywheel, complete 96 top end, mini starter, and beside is a 96 LQ1 harness and ECM.

IMG00114-20100425-1634.jpg

IMG00115-20100425-1635.jpg

IMG00116-20100425-1721.jpg

IMG00117-20100425-1721.jpg

IMG00118-20100425-1721.jpg

IMG00122-20100425-1723.jpg

IMG00123-20100425-1725.jpg