160 Degree Stat, Cooling Fans needed ASAP!!!

dkorinko

I contacted Jeff about the 160 degree thermostat and it as only been a day but i need it like now!!!! I know he charges like 15.00 and that seems like a fair price. I also need the Primary and Secondary cooling fans...please let me know ASAP, my car will sit until i get these items.

Sorry, emails are backed up and some PMs too, when I am not committed to Moderator duty, I am in bed with a chest cold, sleeping 18 to 20 hours, and this is the opposite of me typically working those hours. SLP, good old bed-fellows with GM has the same stat for $17 to $19, their prices are insane, I make $2 on mine to pay for my time getting these and can still sell for $15, whatever. As always, we would like to know more, unless you just want to get new since it’s a 13 year old car that is worth at least a few new parts, what is your problem and when does it happens etc!?? I have heard of quite a few TGP owners getting too hot that was caused by not having a lower front valance to keep full air flow during accelerating/cruising portions of driving. Also I have seen and heard of a few TGP radiators getting pretty plugged up from previous owner neglect in maintenance. Too much radiator fluid will impede heat transfer. Cooling fans are easy to check, grab the fan blades and spin them, grinding or squealing and its time or getting close to time, also grab the fan blades and push them in and out, the more play they have the further worn out they are and will soon be history (the motor's bearings actually). Lots of problems heard and seen on any w-body main cooling fan, that being the electrical connector at the fan, and the termination at the fan relay, look for bluing of the contacts and worse, melting of the plastic in those areas, no excuses if people know this to hear from them later they overheated their engine and warped their heads!!!

Good luck and if you still want a stat, I have PayPal and can nextday air it to you, I expect to be able to go out tomorrow, need some food at least!

Jeff M

If i could just pick the stat up from the dealer then that would be cool...Do I just ask for a 160 degree thermostat for an 89 Turbo Grand Prix??? And I need both fans because, the primary one is gone, its completely trashed, motor and the fins and all that. And the primary one...well....thats a long story but i do need it. Thanks again. I will check the dealer for the stat.

• 2 weeks later...
Advance carries a 180* for the n/a 3.1L. Should be the same for the turbo

Robby

Would you happen to have a part number for that stat or a model and year to look up for it?