neon?

jake91

neon?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. neon?

anyone who has unused neons can contribute them to me...I'll give you a bag of pizza rolls. They will be given a good home under my car and be turned on at the most hilarious of times.

Jake, neons may be a waste of money by other peoples standards, but if people start throwing shit at you cos you have them, you can always turn them off. Problem solved

You, pretty much, like to do the worst things ever.

the stripes were a joke i would have never seriously done it

do it

okay now im confused

mr. everything that everyone else does that i dont do is wrong. likes neon?

or was that a smartass remark

like i said i probably wont i need a top and want a stereo

Then get a top and get a stereo. Speaking of stereos, I've discovered it really isn't worth it to buy them new no matter what deal you get.

Example, I picked up a 12" Diamond sub with an enclosure off of a member here for $20. With a manager's discount at Best Buy, 3 years ago I picked up a 12" Alpine R12 and a box for $150. Nobody will sell you parts at below cost no matter what they say, unless they're making a large profit on installation. Don't take anyone's word for it when it comes to pricing on parts. Get a quote, then go online and find some online retailers and compare pricing. Even if you have a close friend working somewhere, he might get you the parts at what he can buy them for, but that still might be more than what you can get them for online.

Good luck.

Then get a top and get a stereo. Speaking of stereos, I've discovered it really isn't worth it to buy them new no matter what deal you get.

Example, I picked up a 12" Diamond sub with an enclosure off of a member here for $20. With a manager's discount at Best Buy, 3 years ago I picked up a 12" Alpine R12 and a box for $150. Nobody will sell you parts at below cost no matter what they say, unless they're making a large profit on installation. Don't take anyone's word for it when it comes to pricing on parts. Get a quote, then go online and find some online retailers and compare pricing. Even if you have a close friend working somewhere, he might get you the parts at what he can buy them for, but that still might be more than what you can get them for online.

Good luck.

i got a kenwood 12" sub on sale/clearance at bestbuy for like $50 once.

Good luck.

i got a kenwood 12" sub on sale/clearance at bestbuy for like $50 once.

Nice. I got a Kenwood 10" sub on sale/clearance online for $30 shipped last year. 300W RMS. Good luck telling me someone in a shop will give you that kind of price. Its worth waiting, shopping around, and picking up parts one at a time.

as long as you can't see the tubes. i hate that shit

x2. That is ghetto as all hell. But some cars its nearly impossible to hide them. Especially the old school tubes.

x2. That is ghetto as all hell. But some cars its nearly impossible to hide them. Especially the old school tubes.

Get a clean/good install and they would be great, the whole thing about neons is the attitud you take with them, if you are bragging that you have underbody neons then that would be rice/getto, but if you use them correctly it would be nice/different, I know I'm getting some neons for my car at some point in life :cool: and I don't care what people think

Get a clean/good install and they would be great, the whole thing about neons is the attitud you take with them, if you are bragging that you have underbody neons then that would be rice/getto, but if you use them correctly it would be nice/different

:thumb:

Neons are slowly coming back, just for different uses though, so they aren't instant 'rice'. Lots of cars now have lights for footwells and the like anyways. Give it time, most things come back.

Even so, I'd never get them. :lol:

Its up to you I say nay coming from a csc driver.

Just remembered my friend had a set on his 00 camaro and hit something while they were on and one of the tubes blew up. I think if i remember correctly it was a peacock. :lol: :willynilly:

I had neons on my cutlass...they were streetglow gold series and they died after 3 months...then I realized that they weren't really that cool and I had wasted my money and I ripped them off and threw em in the dumpster at work...