Does this make a noticeable difference?

Dannymik

When you drill holes in the bottom of the airbox do you feel any difference? I know it may sound better, but do you gain any highend or any lowend/torque? I have a K&N airfilter in mine if you want to know. Thanks!

w-body.jpg

Probly 3/4 to a 1 horse and none too many pound-feet. It does sound nasty though and throttle response is a bit better on my DOHC. Make sure you have an extra airbox I might just be a retard but I fucked up on my first one.

b/f i went to the cai or"hai" i cut the front off the box, you know the part where the little horn thing goes. i cut is high up to the filter and all the way to the sides and down so basically the whole front of the box under the filter was off. While it not a big difference it sounds so danm cool, and you will notice it pull a little harder in the upper rpm's but i also had the k and n filter so that probably made a difference

personally, i think anybody who states that it has more topend are being played by the phycology of it. your head is telling you its faster, so therefore you think its faster. thats what i beleive.

personally, i think anybody who states that it has more topend are being played by the phycology of it. your head is telling you its faster, so therefore you think its faster. thats what i beleive.

W3rd

Robby

When you drill holes in the bottom of the airbox do you feel any difference? I know it may sound better, but do you gain any highend or any lowend/torque? I have a K&N airfilter in mine if you want to know. Thanks!

w-body.jpg

I did it to an old motorcycle years ago and to a Honda Accord. Until I richened the main jets on the bike it ran worse. The Honda may have picked up a MPH or 2 in the top of each gear but I definitely lost on the low end from a standing start and on something with no low end to begin with that wasn't good. BUT it sure was louder. :roll: On the other hand on one of my old V-8's I drilled holes around the outer air cleaner bottom outside the filter and that made a noticable difference because the snorkel only had a 1-1/2" hole at the end. It was a '67 Catalina so I couldn't just flip the air cleaner lid over like we did on the 70's stuff. Guess it just depends on how well the stock setup worked to begin with.

Speaking of flipping air cleaner lids over I sure do miss hearing Quadra Jets and AFB's at WOT ! :cry: