will double-din fit cutlass?

douellette

im looking at this on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVH-P3100DVD-Touchscreen-Double-Din-Multimedia/dp/B001PA974Y/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1268142361&sr=8-4

1. wondering if it will fit right in?

and

2. if there is a better cheaper brand/model out there? ( i just want something with touchscreen, dont care if it plays dvds)

in a 97 cutlass...it should fit as it has a double din radio already.

As for going with a cheaper brand....yes, there is cheaper brands out there, but you do get what you pay for. You'd be much better off trying to find a used alpine, pioneer etc then you would buying a cheaper model brand new.

in a 97 cutlass...it should fit as it has a double din radio already.

As for going with a cheaper brand....yes, there is cheaper brands out there, but you do get what you pay for. You'd be much better off trying to find a used alpine, pioneer etc then you would buying a cheaper model brand new.

thats wierd cause i looked it up on amazon and crutchfield and they said those pioneer radios wouldnt fit and there double din.

Your car is a double din and that radio will fit, but you may need to modify the dash somewhat. Its not gonna drop right in there and fit perfectly.

x2 on what Regal_GS_1989 said. There are alot of cheap off brand touch screen radios out there. I would stick with Pioneer, Alpine, Kenwood etc. Stay away from brands like Boss, Jensen etc.

Your car is a double din and that radio will fit, but you may need to modify the dash somewhat. Its not gonna drop right in there and fit perfectly.

x2 on what Regal_GS_1989 said. There are alot of cheap off brand touch screen radios out there. I would stick with Pioneer, Alpine, Kenwood etc. Stay away from brands like Boss, Jensen etc.

do you mean modify the dash bezel piece or something inside the dash (<- cuz i dont want to do that)?

If you get a touch screen radio that has a screen that flips down and the cd/dvd goes behind it then you might need to cut out the trim bezel, or space the radio forward, or both. Otherwise the screen probably will not flip because its getting caught on the trim bezel. If you get a screen with a fixed face that has the cd slot on the top you shouldnt need to do any of this. You may also have to cut some plastic from behind the radio away to make it fit. The problem you run into on many GMs when putting in a double din radio is that the dash bezel is rounded on the edges where it goes around the radio, and all the aftermarket double dins are square. Check out kuntzies post http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=72192ae353752d4387b7c6247a0b276c&topic=84464.0 this is on a Grand Prix but you may have to do something similar.

Honestly I want one like that for my car. Mainly because I want navigation and built in aux in capability (my MP3 player).

Unfortunatly your car has a din and half radio. A double din wont fit, at least not with some custom work. You could always go with a flip out screen though.

Honestly I want one like that for my car. Mainly because I want navigation and built in aux in capability (my MP3 player).

Unfortunatly your car has a din and half radio. A double din wont fit, at least not with some custom work. You could always go with a flip out screen though.

Flip out screens are fugly.

Flip out screens are fugly.

That is very true. But in some cars you dont have much choice.

If you get a touch screen radio that has a screen that flips down and the cd/dvd goes behind it then you might need to cut out the trim bezel, or space the radio forward, or both. Otherwise the screen probably will not flip because its getting caught on the trim bezel.

My Pioneer double-DIN has the disc slots (6-changer) behind the face, and the face doesn't actually drop down below the bottom of the unit because the bottom goes straight out while the top drops.

IMG_0118.jpg

My Pioneer AVIC-Z2 is the same way, so I think you'd be okay at least with Pioneer. Not sure about other brands.

Double-DIN fits everything, just needs a little persuasion. ;) It's worth it though.