whats the biggest wheel you can fit on a cutlass/w-body?

douellette

as in, tire size and rim size/width?

just kinda lookin around for a new set of wheels haha

i've seen 24s on a 6th gen MC, but why the hell anyone would do that is beyond me...

yeah, im trying to find some 17 or 18" wheels to fit. so im wondering what the tire size should be without it hitting anything.

just match the diameter of the factory tires with ones that are meant for a larger wheel.

example being a 225/65-16 and 225-60-17, they only have a .36" difference in circumfrence.

yeah, im trying to find some 17 or 18" wheels to fit. so im wondering what the tire size should be without it hitting anything.

just match the diameter of the factory tires with ones that are meant for a larger wheel.

example being a 225/65-16 and 225-60-17, they only have a .36" difference in circumfrence.

cause the stock size on my car now is a 215/60/16..and i found a thing online that said 215/50/18, 225/45/18, 235/45/18, 245/40/18 is about the same size. i lost the site so i didnt look up 17's.

i just dont know if theyd rub on anything or not?

if the tire diameter is the same as factory, i don't see a problem. they wouldn't grow that much due to centrifugal force....

discount tire direct has a decent calc for this.

I would try to stick with a 45-50 series tire just for comfort and handling. Anything smaller will ride like ass and handle like piss, and look ghey.

245/45/18 on my cutlass and no rubbing issues

only time i have anything closely remote to rubbing issues is when im at full lock and tire is rubbing on front bumper

btw...245/45/18 make my cutlass handle better x324958239047! :thumb:

I have 245/45R18 on my 89 and 235/45R18 on the 94. Links in my sig. The 245/45R18 used to rub a little on full lock, but whatever was rubbing has worn down so it doesn't do it any more. The 235s are a little narrower and a little smaller diameter. They are actually a perfect fit and never rubbed at all.

Big rims = heavy and crap performance

Go with a 17" x 7"

wont stick out on the front, you can easily get light ones that wont feel like you have anchors bolted to your hub assemblies

• 2 weeks later...