can i get help with my trunk is seems alittle uneven and is hard to shut ??

capcrunk

yep as the title says the trunk is super stiff and when u do close theirs a little movement on the left side when u press down it which is leaving a gap which is allowing water in the trunk the dealer who had it said to spay some dw40 on the spring ? and the trunk can be adjust ? any help would be appreciated

Regarding the stiffness, mine was that way when I bought it and Yes, WD-40 can help. I also loosened the spring tension with the adjusting nut and after the stiffness was overcome by the WD-40, began retightening until I got it where I wanted it. Just try to keep both sides adjusted the same. When I pop the trunk, it releases, but catches about two inches high rather than flinging completely open.

Regarding the pushing down on one side, I haven't experienced that so I can't help.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't looked recently, but I would assume that there are probably a couple of bolts on each side that when loosened would allow some adjustment. I had to do that on my 67 Cougar.