new pic of my engine, mmmm paint...

kiwi133

Id have to see the plenum in black in order to decide, but for now, i dont think i like it. but with the plenum black, it may look good. i hope you used flat paints and not gloss, cuz i dotn think gloss would look good at all.

I photoshopped the plenum black in my sig. The paints are gloss, but it looks ok because the surface is so rough. Though the black that I used, on my coolant tank and washer bottle (same stuff) doesn't actually look very glossy after its had time to fully harden.

I hope you used a good etching primer on the aluminum before using some engine enamel.... I know I didn't once upon a time- make a long story short all the paint peeled, chipped, and flaked off and I re-did it the right way. Aluminum is shit for painting withought a good base.

Nice patgizz! I contimplated doing all black everything. Glad I didn't because then it would be too similar to yours.

I painted over the grey paint...

It was in great condition so I figured what the hell, cleaned it up really good and sprayed away.

that looks like too much black for me.

i dont know y, but i really like the way it is stock. but i give ya props for going to be different.

hell, romeo had his chromed and i didnt like it either.

fb0733c7.jpg

Next is to paint the plenum black. Let me know what you think.

Looks pretty good, reminds me of the Toyota 4AG (1.6L 4 cyl)

your head looks almost exactly like that... write Toyota on it :lol:

and it'll look even more like it

the black plenum is a nice touch... not quite what I'd pick, I don't think, but still pretty nice