2 Door Cutlass Center Turn Signal Amber Delete.

George

Ok, It's not really Amber Delete. I've made my center turn signals appear white/clear by removing the light bulbs and spray painting them with chrome paint. Hold spray can approx 12 in. away and just MIST them. 40-50% coverage seemed to work for me. It may be splatchy, but gives the light bulb a silver color while allowing the amber color to show through when turned on.

:high5: That is pretty sweet.

The cutlass lenses are clear, that is just the color of the bulb.

I might have to do this now. Could you get a pic at night with the lights on?

Thanks

Nathan

Here is a photo of mine at night. I checked around but could not find Siverstars. I bought my car Oct. 10, 2009.

I drive approx. 1 1/2 hrs. a day in the dark, Mon-Fri,so far they have held up ok. I will have to remove the bulbs

and see how they are doing.

now all you guys gotta do is something about the amber corner markers

x2

I blacked them out, and I didn't like it.

I want to make some clear ones, that would make it very cool.

:lol: Props for cheapness!

For the corners, you could always try a silver spray paint. I tried silver spray paint on the rear sidemarkers of my 89 Cutlass, and the light shines right through them. The paint I used was a silver wheel paint. I discovered it was translucent by accident, a piece of plexiglass was on the newspaper when I was painting something, and when I picked it up I realized light could easily pass through it.

they sell chrome coated ones that light amber. it won't be too long before that spray paint burns off

amber LEDs will also solve the problem

I pulled my light bulbs out the other day and sure enough, the paint was flaking off a bit, so I redid them with

Engine paint. I will check them in a Month and see how they do. I thought I had some silver Header paint,

I will have to try that next if this doesn't hold up.

no sorry. the center turn signals ..

i bought those blue "ion" bulbs they look better when on than the white or amber bulbs

i bought some led array bulbs for my fogs .. they suck !!