Should I tint my windows?

19Cutlass94

Should I tint my windows?  

1. 1. Should I tint my windows?

dumbest question ever. duh yes

Sayz the guy with the untinted car.

But I agree. It's like being single and looking across a bar at some absolutely hawt chick and then turning to your buddy, should I tap that?

I have 5% all around, love it. Police here dont care, wont stop you for it. Only if you have your front windshield tinted, then they might do it. I wouldnt do that its asking for trouble, theres many cars here that are like that. Picture after I got my car painted before it was wetsanded before the accident that followed a month later. :evil:

Oh and trust me, I have had this for nearly two years, week after I bought the car got it tinted up. It's still a pain to see at night - I work graveyard. I love it, but I'm not sure I'd go 5% again. Not to mention if you get pulled over at 4am (leaving work) gotta roll down both windows or run the risk of making the officer more anxious/nervous not good.

width=1280 height=960http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/xslayerlive/DSC00444.jpg[/img]

now that % looks hot :D

Yes, 20% is perfect, but not all brands look the same darkness.

I have all windows (except windshield) on the 94 convertible tinted 20%. It's identical looking to 20% factory tint on minivans and SUVs. It's perfect, just dark enough to give some privacy/looks, but light enough to see out of at night. In 8yrs, we have not been pulled over once even though front side window limit here is 35%.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I've got 35% in my side windows, and 20% in my rear, and believe me, it makes night driving in the rain a whole new adventure. If you spend any time in Canada, the MVA (Motor Vehicle Act) states that no aftermarket film may be used (makes getting it done up here a pain), but from a visibility standpoint, I find 35% looks great, and doesn't limit your visibility too much.

Hey, I've got 35% in my side windows, and 20% in my rear, and believe me, it makes night driving in the rain a whole new adventure. If you spend any time in Canada, the MVA (Motor Vehicle Act) states that no aftermarket film may be used (makes getting it done up here a pain), but from a visibility standpoint, I find 35% looks great, and doesn't limit your visibility too much.

The law here (Ontario) is that you can do up to 25% on the driver's and passenger front windows, and anything goes on the rear side windows and back. Looks stupid if you don't keep the sides uniform so most go 20-25% on the sides and then 15% on the back, which is what I have.

I'm not sure about these visibility problems, you need glasses or something if that's hurting your vision.

rain and fog make it almost impossible to see especially if you are off driving out in the country and in a strange place where there is no street lights and you are trying to back out of a spot.

I had this happen one time and I had to step out of the car in the rain to be sure I wasn't going to hit a tree.

just one example of how this can be annoying.

rain and fog make it almost impossible to see especially if you are off driving out in the country and in a strange place where there is no street lights and you are trying to back out of a spot.

I had this happen one time and I had to step out of the car in the rain to be sure I wasn't going to hit a tree.

Been there done that.

Every night for me :lol:

Maybe in BC but sure as hell not in Ontario...

To further clarify what Breakdown said, our law regarding tint doesn't actually specify a percentage, it's completely in the hands of the police officer. Ontario tint law clearly states that the driver has to be decipherable, and that is it. Most of the time, though, they will pull you over if you have any darker than 20-25% because most officers feel it's impeding their view of you.

• 2 weeks later...

this picture was when it was misting (no photoshopping done) and I have 35% sides, and 20% rear:

03022010018.jpg

I like it, it all depends on what colour the tint is contrasting as well. It will look darker on a dark car, such as a navy blue, or black.

• 3 weeks later...