Should I tint my windows?

19Cutlass94

Should I tint my windows?  

1. 1. Should I tint my windows?

So Ive been thinking about this for a long time now. Should I get the windows on the Cultass tinted? I was thinking about going with 20%. And to be honest, Im still undecided if I should get them done or not.

Heres a pic to see the car without the windows tinted

DSC02911.jpg

go with legal tint. too dark and you can't see the interior. this may be good for if you have something to hide but looks childish and ricey to most people driving $50,000+ luxury whips. you dont see the 15% on real expensive cars unless its a limo. think about it.

35% is good enough to keep the UV damage down. and no probable cause.

go with legal tint. too dark and you can't see the interior. this may be good for if you have something to hide but looks childish and ricey to most people driving $50,000+ luxury whips. you dont see the 15% on real expensive cars unless its a limo. think about it.

35% is good enough to keep the UV damage down. and no probable cause.

I agree with these sentiments. 35% will make it look like a nice factory tint. Anything darker, you're asking for issues with law enforcement and I don't think would look good with your car color.

I said yes, but personally I would never go less than 20%, any less than that and it starts to become pointless IMO.

I have 15% all around on my car, which is technically illegal here, and have never been given a problem about it.

Jamie

Dumbest question asked on the forums this year :lol: :lol:

I have 35% on my z34, I kinda wish I had gone 20% but It at least keeps the police from bothering me.

I honestly thought your car was already tinted but I think I'm remembering the tinted taillights or corner lights :lol:

YES, as long as you have a good installer that stands by his work. I like the 20% I have installed on mine, but I do get occasionally harassed by the cops and one time I had to fight the ticket in court (won). If I had to do it again I'd go with 35%.

here any % on the front door windows is illegal....I had 5% on the GTP and got pulled over for it :shrug: ...I know people who get pulled over for 35% too...when I tint my Accord I will probably do 5% rear/15% front just to not hear as much complaining from the wife

NY is 65% max up front, and any in the rear glass (also any % on the side windows behind the fronts if it's a truck or SUV). At least by me, as long as the police can see thru, they won't really bug you. 35% is more sufficient to see thru but my 20% is certainly not. Case in point, this photo was taken in the middle of the day with the sky clear... you can just barely make out the inside A pillar and that's about it. I'm very lucky that I haven't been harassed more (knock on wood!)

yeah thats darker than I wanna go. I gues you guys are right. 35% seems like a good tint shade. I just want a little something. Deff dont need anything near limo tint. Now its something to look into price wise!

I have 5% all around, love it. Police here dont care, wont stop you for it. Only if you have your front windshield tinted, then they might do it. I wouldnt do that its asking for trouble, theres many cars here that are like that. Picture after I got my car painted before it was wetsanded before the accident that followed a month later. :evil:

Oh and trust me, I have had this for nearly two years, week after I bought the car got it tinted up. It's still a pain to see at night - I work graveyard. I love it, but I'm not sure I'd go 5% again. Not to mention if you get pulled over at 4am (leaving work) gotta roll down both windows or run the risk of making the officer more anxious/nervous not good.

width=1280 height=960http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/xslayerlive/DSC00444.jpg[/img]