Windshield wipers....

daytonboi

Stick with me here...how different a setup are the wipers from a 1G W. I ask because I much prefer the meet in the center style wipers and mine rusted together on me and i need something to do.

Guess Qs are. will a 1G wiper setup fit in a 1.5G and will any of the cowls come close to even fitting.

Doubtful although I've never looked into it.

First, I don't think I would even try to do the swap since the wipers are made they way they are on the first gens because our windows are raked much differently than a 1.5g. I would much rather have the normal style wiper set up though because anyone that's had a first-gen in the winter knows how much it sucks when snow gets packed up in the cowl.

BTW, other vehicles have this style set-up not just Chrysler's. :lol:

yeah, stick with the original setup: comparing the wipers on the 90GP and the 95MC: would not want the 90 setup on the monte, much easier to deal with the way they sit.

Yeah thats how my wiper got froze in place. The whole thing is now in the back seat. Hmmm Single Wiper Mod...Tried it on my Cirrus wasn't too too bad. Maybe it's time to try again. And i didn't type that OP very well either...I meant to say having the wiper heads meet in the middle like on the U-Vans.

I think the first generation wipers are awesome. Take like two more minutes to replace them both, if that.

I miss the hidden wipers now. My Shadow just has them out on the windshield. Boring!

I think the first generation wipers are awesome. Take like two more minutes to replace them both, if that.

I miss the hidden wipers now. My Shadow just has them out on the windshield. Boring!

you've never had snow and ice rammed into the cowl and then freeze the wipers in their "hiding place" lol.. quite honestly the 1G wiper design is the worst thing ever. Not to mention running the wipers off the glass and onto that plastic cowl destroys the blades in 3 months.

My TSX has had the same wipers for over a year now and they still work great lol...Lumina is probably on set #20 since I've owned it,..and they need replacing again!! I just don't care lol

?? I must be the only person who lives in a snowy city who likes the 1g wipers. Mine dont go into the cowl, they rest right above it still on the glass.... probably worn out and thats why it does it :lol: I do have to break the wiper blade free from ice before using them however. I like how they push show off the windshield rather than tossing it back and forth between wipers. I also like to easily be able to reach the passenger wiper blade rather than have to strech accross the hood to get at it. I do however agree its not worth the thought to swap out for them.

you've never had snow and ice rammed into the cowl and then freeze the wipers in their "hiding place" lol.. quite honestly the 1G wiper design is the worst thing ever. Not to mention running the wipers off the glass and onto that plastic cowl destroys the blades in 3 months.

I never had a problem with ice and snow. I never had a problem with the wipers dying early, but it hasn't rained in here much the last couple years. We have horrible snow though, but really, I keep that area clear for that very reason.

They suck period, pin style blades suck.

As for replacing them, I must be the only person that replaces them in the up position. Start the car shut them off and they are super easy to replace.

I don't mind the stock 1G wipers, I still have the wipers I put on my TGP when I bought it in 2006 and they still work perfectly. I like how they are hidden away when not in use as well.