PAC SWI-X Installation Question

Venom

Alright so I got my PAC SWRC interface from defEddie and I went on the PAC audio website to get an installation guide. I understand what wires to use and everything, but they want to know if I have a 7 pin or 32 pin connector and splice in the wires there. What connector are they talking about and where would I find it? Im sorry if this is a silly question, but Im not too much of a stereo expert. TIA

From the manufacturer website:

Features:

* The SWI-X is designed to be universal so it can interface analog or serial data steering wheels.

* The SWI-X converts the signals generated by the factory remote location controls into infrared signals.

* Easily programmed or reprogrammed using the factory controls and the head units remote control.

* After installation, the headunit's remote control can still be used.

* The SWI-X may be programmed as many times as desired.

* The simple installation and programming procedures are included in the units instructions.

* Works with virtually all aftermarket radios with wireless infrared remote capability.

* The SWI-X retains steering wheel heater controls in GM cars.

* Can be custom made to plug into Alpine's DIN 1/2 stereos directly.

definitely confirm back one way or the other one install is done....that is what I miss the most and I would have bought that unit if I knew for certain I could have the climate controls back :)

definitely confirm back one way or the other one install is done....that is what I miss the most and I would have bought that unit if I knew for certain I could have the climate controls back :)

Should be installing tomorrow so I will let you know for sure. It was the main reason why I bought the unit also since I have two remotes now for the current deck installed.

YES, it does, Jeremy. I had one in my old '94 CS and it did let me use all the SWRC again.

Awesome! All the more reason to get started on the install. Super simple hookup too.