custom mini-quads?

douellette

To me it seems like a lot of hassle for no good reason. I will just buy the kit. That way I know replacing a bulb down the road will be that much easier, plus I want to upgrade to HIDs eventually. I don't like macgyvering stuff on my car.

To me it seems like a lot of hassle for no good reason. I will just buy the kit. That way I know replacing a bulb down the road will be that much easier, plus I want to upgrade to HIDs eventually. I don't like macgyvering stuff on my car.

i agree. but those camaro housings are very pricey

• 1 month later...

I retrofitted a 9006 HID kit into my mini quad housing using clear silicone. Looks and works great, bright as hell. I get a few flashes but oh well. I can see clearly now, the light is on, I can see all the obstacles in my way(I was singing).

1267835804.jpg

I retrofitted a 9006 HID kit into my mini quad housing using clear silicone. Looks and works great, bright as hell. I get a few flashes but oh well. I can see clearly now, the light is on, I can see all the obstacles in my way(I was singing).

1267835804.jpg

yeah i actually ended up doing that a few weeks ago. but one of the lights is flickering and its not vibrations cause i shut the engine off and it continued.

Its because you need more power to the ballasts.

Seriously, look into getting a relay harness. The ballasts cant run correctly off the amount of current the stock wiring can handle.

Seriously, look into getting a relay harness. The ballasts cant run correctly off the amount of current the stock wiring can handle.

i bought the "optional" wire harness that has a relay in it.

heres a link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180458474376#ht_2246wt_1173

one time when i turned on my lights one of them did not turn on, but then the next time i turned it on it worked. im betting its just cause its a cheap HID kit.

i bought the "optional" wire harness that has a relay in it.

heres a link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180458474376#ht_2246wt_1173

one time when i turned on my lights one of them did not turn on, but then the next time i turned it on it worked. im betting its just cause its a cheap HID kit.

I made my own relay harness with the extra plugs that came with my kit. Everything cost me about $12.00.